Hirch wiring

Jan 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hitch wiring

Hey All, Have just received from a good friend a small towable camper pepper and plan as promised to my sweet a camping trip this coming summer. Problem is I neglected to order a trailer harness when I ordered the hitch through my dealer. No excuse for me but, you think someone in sales would have " clued in". :Shrug: Any thoughts as to where I can purchase a plug and play harness. Many thanks in advance. 6c tomorrow and yea going for a ride.LOL
Take care.

"Drive with caution, not your ego."

Last edited:
The first thing you need is the wiring diagram for your trike's kit. This will let you pick the correct wires to "tap" into to activate the trailer lights.
If you are looking for a male/female plug and wire you can always go to Wally World in the automotive section and get their plug in wire hardness. I think the kit comes with the "jumper" plugs to make it easier to wire the trike to the trailer.
Trike wire codes are very important to do this job easier or you may be "hunting" wires to get the job done. Also, don't forget to have the wire codes to the trailer so they will match when you plug from your trike to your "new" camper.
If you aren't sure with the wire codes from trailer to trike, then I would suggest you buy extra fuses in case you burn a few out.
Make sure you do a neat job, tape and tywrap all loose connections because mother nature will do a heck of a job on electrical connections if you don't do it correctly.
Good luck!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Re: Hitch wiring

you can order one from wingstuff get the one that isolates trailer from wing so if trailer has problem it wont affect the wings lights

Most any aftermarket place like Kuryakyn, Add-on, Electrical Connection, etc. has trailer wiring. Whatever kind you get, it is best to have an isolator kit. A good place to start would be right here - Zook can most likely hook you up, or at least point you in the right direction.

If the trailer has combo brake turn signal lights you will need a converter. The Honda and most imports have separate turn indicators bulbs.

Wiring rules
Brown is running lights
Red is brake
Green is right turn
Yellow is left turn
White is ground.
That way it will match anyone that borrows it.

Re: Hitch wiring

The above color code is the standard for the trailer. The color code for the Honda is brown tail, green ground, left turn orange, light blue right turn, red brake. Remember that someone may have some nonstandard wiring. Check everything. The isolator has wires to the battery for battery hot or positive and ground. Use a isolator regardless if you have abs or not for safety. Use a converter before the outlet from the trike with a four flat to be easy to use with most other vehicles. good luck. Park nose out for safety.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png