What's this wire ?

Apr 12, 2011
Punta Gorda Fl
A wire from under the seat or behind the right side cover dropped down and melted on my pipe. It has a connector on the end that melted and the other end connects to the battery[pos & neg] There is a 7.5 in line fuse between the two ends. There is no mention of it in the owners manual or service manual. I'm guessing it's a battery tender or charger wire. Any ideas? Thanks, Willie

A wire from under the seat or behind the right side cover dropped down and melted on my pipe. It has a connector on the end that melted and the other end connects to the battery[pos & neg] There is a 7.5 in line fuse between the two ends. There is no mention of it in the owners manual or service manual. I'm guessing it's a battery tender or charger wire. Any ideas? Thanks, Willie

That's your battery tender plug to trickle charge the trikes battery.

WOW... glad it didn't short out on the pipe. Would have made a real ugly mark on the heat shield.

The cable should have been tied up and supported with a wire tie or two...

If that Flux Capacitor goes bad you will never be able to reach 4.7 Jigawatts of power. What that means in simple terms is that you will never be able to get your Tri-Glide to elevate.

If that Flux Capacitor goes bad you will never be able to reach 4.7 Jigawatts of power. What that means in simple terms is that you will never be able to get your Tri-Glide to elevate.

thats happened to me a couple of times, its so annoying :mad:

Definitely the plug for BT. I had the dealer move mine to the left side because I also use it for my Gerbing heated jacket liner. Wire tie to passenger hand grip.

If your bike is new and the dealer installed the tender cable then grab the cable out of the garbage can and go back to the dealer and tell them to replace it. It wasn't installed properly in the first place. That's why if fell down. There are several places to wire tie it to something such as your fuel over fill tube that comes down past your oil dipstick... that's where I tie my tender and heated gear cable for ease of use.

It can be put about anywhere but they or whom ever mucked up by not what we call... safeing it off.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png