Cannot Lock Handlebars

rmrc51

Lost In The 50's
Feb 2, 2009
Palmyra, Virginia
First let me thank everyone who answered my first thread regarding if you lock your handle bars or not.

Now lets see if anyone can give me a hint as to what to check for.

No matter if I have my handle bars turned completely to the right or left, I cannot fully get my key completely into the Lock position and obviously, the handle bars are not locked. Is there something I can look at or an adjustment some where?

First let me thank everyone who answered my first thread regarding if you lock your handle bars or not.

Now lets see if anyone can give me a hint as to what to check for.

No matter if I have my handle bars turned completely to the right or left, I cannot fully get my key completely into the Lock position and obviously, the handle bars are not locked. Is there something I can look at or an adjustment some where?

If you haven't come across this Help with steering lock yet, see if it helps you out.

If you haven't come across this Help with steering lock yet, see if it helps you out.

Msocko. Thanks for the tip. I read the thread and it still doesn't solve my issue. I'm using an original key, I don't have any special front end suspension work installed (at least not that I know of) and I do have the Kuryakan risers installed but supposedly that shouldn't have any effect. So,,, my issue still persists.

Any other ideas?

Rich, are you pushing down on the lock as you rotate the key to the left, when you have the handlebars fully all the way over to the left?

How far will your key turn? I round that I really have to pull hard on the handlebars (to the left) and get the key to spring down, to get them to lock.

Let me know how you make out.

Rich, are you pushing down on the lock as you rotate the key to the left, when you have the handlebars fully all the way over to the left?

How far will your key turn? I round that I really have to pull hard on the handlebars (to the left) and get the key to spring down, to get them to lock.

Good suggestion, this will screw with you if you don't get the bars turned fully.

Bill,

You hit it right on the head! All I had to do was force the bars just a bit more and she locked with no problem. Thanks for the tip! :10:

And thanks to everyone one else who also responded, including the Chain and lock for Christmas, LMAO! . ThumbUp

Bill,

You hit it right on the head! All I had to do was force the bars just a bit more and she locked with no problem. Thanks for the tip! :10:

And thanks to everyone one else who also responded, including the Chain and lock for Christmas, LMAO! . ThumbUp

Great to hear you got it working.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png