2010 Street Glide Trike Vance & Hines Fuelpak

Has anyone used the 61009 Fuelpak on the 2010 Street Glide Trike ? Do you have to remove & plug the exhaust sensors ? I`ve removed the CAT, installed Kerker Slip on mufflers and ordered a K&N air filter. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Trikerjon

I just bought a Power Commander V for my Trike. Thanks for your input. I`ve followed your posts on HD Forums , very informative. Keep up the good work.
Trikerjon

I just bought a Power Commander V for my Trike. Thanks for your input. I`ve followed your posts on HD Forums , very informative. Keep up the good work.
Trikerjon

The PCV will get it done also, IMO the PCV is a much better choice than the fuelpak.

Thanks for the compliments, I enjoy helping where I can.

the o2 sensors stay. I talked to V&h about the fuelpack. If I understand it correctly, the fuelpack doesn't look at the 02 sensors. It only works when the bike is in the open loop mode such as during acceleration. During steady cruise it has no effect.

I have V&H and spent over $700 for "retune" and K&N filter at the harley shop on my '09 TG. Thinking about the 2013 anniversary model....if I swap mufflers, do I need a
retune or get the Power Commander V? I haven't a clue how all this works....please advise. Thanks.

Barbara

I have V&H and spent over $700 for "retune" and K&N filter at the harley shop on my '09 TG. Thinking about the 2013 anniversary model....if I swap mufflers, do I need a

retune or get the Power Commander V? I haven't a clue how all this works....please advise. Thanks.

Barbara

If you stick within the HD line of mufflers you can get buy without a retune, you can kind of get buy with other mufflers but it will have lean spots. There is a misconception which some Harley mechanics and a great many magazines have been promoting that you can change mufflers, even exhaust and all will be well because the system will adjust for the change. These folks are full of horse %^&*, the closed loop part of the system may make some adjustment for the change but it won't catch it all, plus we don't always ride in closed loop. Roll on the throttle to go up a hill and you no longer in closed loop, accelerate away from a traffic light and your no longer in closed loop, closed loop is when the ECM is making changes based on all its sensors including the O2 sensors. Once the engine warms up and goes into closed loop the O2 sensors play a large part in the closed loop equation.

For those who like visuals, below is a AFR table taken from a canned HD map which came with their SEPST tuner. This AFR table belongs to a pre 2010 MY, starting in 2010 they went to a lambda based system. The areas in red which are 14.6 is the closed loop areas where the O2 sensors will be used, any of the other areas will not use the O2 sensors.

Its quite normal to be riding along on the freeway in 6th gear and be at 3,000 rpm and give it a little throttle to either accelerate or just go up a hill and drop into the 75 - 80 kpa area which is no longer in closed loop.

When this happens the ECM now bases a majority of its information on the VE (Volumetric Efficiency) table.

The VE table is calibrated based on the trike having a stock engine with a stock exhaust and air cleaner. Change any part of which increases the air flow you now set up the engine for a lean condition. The only way to correct this is to tune it and correct the VE tables.

2009afrimage1.jpg

There are those who figure their safe if they don't replace the air cleaner with a freer flowing air cleaner, their not as safe as they think they are. The factory air cleaner has the capability to flow more air if you increase the engines ability to move it, for instance change the mufflers to something that flows more.

IMO if I was changing exhaust I would go the full meal deal and install a tuning device.

If you want to get a good tune with your PC V Dynojets website lists Aspen Harley Davidson as having a 250ix dyno, which is for doing trikes and 4 wheelers. It might be worth the call to ask the service dept if they can work with the PC V

I just got the PCV in the mail yesterday. Dynojet did`nt have a specific map for my Trike they told me to try M15-003-028. I might take it to the dealer to set up. It looks too difficult to do myself. The Trike is De-Catted, Kerker slip on mufflers and a K&N filter. I havent put the filter and PCV tuner on yet. Just De-Cating it and adding the slipons, seems to have made it run better.<br />
I like your Road Glide Trike. I also have a 2008 Road Glide. I thought about getting it triked before buying the Street Glide Trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png