GPS Gas Cap Mount

Apr 22, 2009
Clifton, NJ
Hey Triker friends. The other day I saw a mount for a Garmin GPS on a 09 Triglide that I had never seen before. The mount was part of the actual chrome Gas tank cover that pops open to reach the black filler cap inside. I couldn't find the owner, but it looked very interesting and would save on bar space. The chrome cap contained the hinged bracket and adjustment knob! Again never seen anything like it before. Has anyone out there got any info??

Also I am new to trike riding, have been riding Harley's for over 35 years and then decided to buy an 09 Triglide. I like the beast, but boy the suspension or lack there of, is sure something that will take some time to get used to. Going over washboard ruts while making high-speed turns is quite an experience as the rear end bounces from side to side. Any suggestions on making the ride a little softer or is this just something we have to live with. I have the air shocks adjusted according to the weight specifications in the book.

Ride safe.
Guiderider

Guiderider, Reksel was telling me about that mount this weekend. He may post something for you.

I don't have a Tri Glide but running the tires a little softer may help. I run mine at the minimum safe pressure.

I figure 1 more tire on the ground will increase your pot hole hitting by 33%;)

And welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome GlideRider,

We all had that uneasy feeling the first time on a washboard.

To me it's just getting in the truck after driving the wife's Suburban, you get that wierd bouncing feeling. Remember though, you've got more ground traction than before, so it ain't going anywhere, whereas on the bike, you lean into one of those on a curve, you stand a chance of the bike walking right out from under you.

I've seen the door mounted GPS and my reaction was that I'd far rather have it closer to my line of sight. I figure if I look down to see the GPS I'm prone to drift off the more immediate course. Maybe that's just old age creeping in.

Hi Guiderider, and a big welcome to TrikeTalk!
Definitely try softening your rear tire pressure. You probably can run them around 22 psi. It should make a big difference in that bouncing!

I like having mine on my throttle side handle bar (see alblum).
I can just take a quick glance to the right and see it.
What is somewhat funny and confusing is running my video
camera on the left bar. When I glance at it when I have it
set running I see the video screen AND my mirror and sometimes
when I check to see if my Wife is in my mirror and I do not see
her I wonder where she is then realize I am looking at the video
screen of the CAMERA ..... LOL ...
Rob ....

Thank you all so much for your advice and response. We are planning a trip to Noca Scotia this summer on the trike. I will try the lower pressure and thanks for the GPS mounting info. I agree having it down low does present some issues. I have a Garmen Zumo 550 mounted on the bars of my Ultra and it works fine there. Plus I have it wired to the head set, so I can listen and still watch the road. I was just so suprised to see that gas cap mount I had to ask! I guess some guy/gal somplace is making some $$ of that!

Thannks again for welcoming me to the site. I will be a regular from now on! You all ride safe and enjoy the summer!!

Guiderider

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodd624

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodd624
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png