passenger arm rests

Apr 30, 2009
s.e. kan
i am going to install a set of passenger arm rests on our '97 1500se/roadsmith. any suggestions on brand to buy? have any of you installed your own? how difficult of a job is it?
thanks-dave

Of the armrests I've seen, they seem to be pretty much alike. any one of the name brands like Markland, Show Chrome,etc, will most likely suit you well.

Most of them attach to the trunk under antenna mountings. not a hard job, but does take some time. Only once have I seen a set that somehow attach to the seat grab handles.

As they attach to the side of the plastic trunk with the antenna mounts, it's important to remember they are arm rests, not to be used to support weight getting on or off. I've seen a few cracked trunk sides when someone put their weight on them.

Once you get the armrests, you can get cupholders and/or pockets for them, even more storage! We have a pocket on one side for Gloria's sunglasses and such, an intercom mic switch mounted under one and a cupholder mount under the other.

I had the Show Chromes on my 1500 and have the Kurys on the 1800. no difference except the Kurys come with a fold out chrome cup holder...Just follow the instructions closely, take you time and it's no problem. Good luck and ride safe....;)

I prefer passenger arm rests secured to the passenger grab rails on a GL1800 as opposed to the top case. The GL1800 top case is rather flimsy, in my opinion.

I have asked everyone I could whether or not there are any passenger arm rests for the Valkyrie Trike. Everyone has said they don't make them. There has to be someone who makes them to fit my 2000 Valkyrie Interstate Trike.
Tony

I have asked everyone I could whether or not there are any passenger arm rests for the Valkyrie Trike. Everyone has said they don't make them. There has to be someone who makes them to fit my 2000 Valkyrie Interstate Trike.
Tony

I had a set of passenger arms rests made by Ultimate Seats last year for my Shadow. They also make them for Valkyires. The website link: ultimateseats.ca - Armrests

U might also check with AMA they have a add on our site and also make very nice products. If they don't make them maybe they can tell U who does.

good luck.

Tony

this site has arm rests for the interstate, valk. but keep in mind.these are arm rests. Big Bike Things : Valkyrie Accessories they will not supports any weight as far as getting on or off. what i'm doing this winter is..i bought a set of arm rests for a 1500 wing that mount to the grab rails..gonna cut the grab rail mount off to leave the square flat portion on the bracket..then fab up a couple of mounts to mount them to..does'nt look to be a big job.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png