Happy New Year 2013- who else welcomed it with a ride?

Aug 26, 2012
Phoenix
Okay, so I know that some of the people back east would not like me if I put this. But I had to.

This morning we started out 2013 right with the ride about 45 miles north of Phoenix to a beautiful breakfast place called Rock Springs Café. We had about 16 bikes on the ride with us and it was awesome ( all but one bike were two-up, only one solo rider. All of the bikes were ultra's and other big twins). Yes, 45° is a little cold ride but just give us excuse to get out our leathers and bundle up. Really great time with a really great group of new friends. This is the first time I've joined the HOG chapter and I am really enjoying it. Hope everybody has a very prosperous and healthy 2013.

Total miles for 2013- 98

45 sounds really good to me. Our HOG ride got cancelled this morning because it got all the way up to 9... I was glad they cancelled it.

For the first time since we 'triked', Vesta rode on the back of mine. She will have a cement (well fiber glass) hand for 6 weeks and can't do a clutch. Like you, 4 bikes 7 people rode onto the high desert to a greasy spoon near Lancaster for New Years Breakfast.

Finished the year yesterday with a trike ride. Found one of brake lights dead. Can't get odd bulb. Took 2-wheel out for late breakfast (late night) on new years day. Brought back breakfast (maybe brunch by this time) for my better half. High 30's-low 40's both days. Heat wave. At least the sun had melted snow in driveway by time I flew in from Vegas Sunday night.

Didn't get mine in until late this afternoon. 40 degrees and threatening rain, so figured I better get it in before the weather turned. Just got home; only a short ride to deliver some Evan Williams Honey Reserve to some great guys....wouldn't ya know it....nobody home!! Just may have to drink it all for them. (If you enjoy a winter time warmup drink, consider this one...smooth as honey! But do it AFTER the ride; 'nuff drivers out there that do it before or during)

Keep 2013 safe for EVERYBODY! Including yourself!

Gonna be a good year....looking forward to it! pepper

Also in Phoenix area but couldn't get any of my group to go for a ride. To me it's perfect weather but they all cry about it being cold. AzDaven who do you ride with? I'm a HOG member but not with a local chapter. Happy New Year everyone!!

We have a lot of salt on the roads form our recent snowfall, and I just couldn't bring myself to get the trike out in that stuff. I guess I will have to wait for the roads to get cleaned off some.

Happy New Year!!

We are in the Hill Country of Tx, West of San Antonio. We always take a new Years day ride temp was mid 50's when we left and droped a little by the time we got home. Rode about 100 miles and it was a good ride . Everybody ride safe and have a great New Year.

Also in Phoenix area but couldn't get any of my group to go for a ride. To me it's perfect weather but they all cry about it being cold. AzDaven who do you ride with? I'm a HOG member but not with a local chapter. Happy New Year everyone!!

Hey, I am a member of both Buddy Stubbs Phoenix (chapter 93) and Buddy Stubbs Anthem (chapter 2376). Between both those chapters I could ride ALL the time. I am in North Phoenix. Where are you in the valley? Our next ride is Sat, (1/5/13) from Anthem to Saguaro Lake for lunch. You're welcome to ride along.

The sun finally came out today but it's only 25 here in eastern Ohio. We have nearly a foot of snow on the ground so riding is out of the question. We're heading south in the middle of the month for a week of warm weather. I'm starting to get the hang of this retirement thing. pepper Looking to do some riding.
Gary

We are in Northern Illinois, 17 degrees this morning and counting the days until the salt is gone, weather warms up and we can get the bikes and trikes out. You know it pains us terribly to hear you talk about riding all winter..., lol lol

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png