Leak? On board compressor/air suspension

Jan 3, 2009
United States
My MT conversion has an on board air compressor for my air ride suspension. There's not much difference between it and the factory HD air shocks in principle or theory. Other brands of bikes and trikes with air ride suspension would be the same. This is why I am posting in the general section.

I have noticed that each time I hop on that the air pressure gauge on the dash shows a smaller amount of pressure than I left it. For instance, I ride with 40 pounds on the gauge but if I wait a few days to hop back on it will show 35.

Experience with touring bikes was little or no loss of air pressure and I would check the pressure with the HD pump every few weeks during the riding season and hardly ever had to pump it up.

Question... Does anyone else experience this? Do you loose a small amount of pressure or none at all through a season of riding?

I took the front faring off yesterday, pumped the system up to 60 and soaped all the connections behind there. Nothing.. I had already soaped all the connections on the shocks and the tee connection and air compressor. Still nothing.. After putting everything back together I noticed the gauge read 55. Does anyone know if there have been issues with the pump leaking through or other issues I should check?

Any comments?

reksul, Stallions have the same issue. It appears the newer ones the issue is resolved. They were using a check valve that was not getting the job done. I told that they have changed that valve. Being that MT conversion is the same company as Stallion I would check the check valve. Check with Russel at Thoroughbred Motor Sports of Daytona he is the one who advised me of this issue. My wife's old Stallion would not hold air in the bags, her replacement Stallion does not have this issue. Ted

At least on the Stallion there is a check valve on the aluminum distribution block. I'm not sure about the MT conversion but I'm sure there is something similar.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png