How many add ons

I would like to start making changes to my trike,but dont know how
far I can go without having bike retuned .
I would like to change the breather,and put some slip on exhaust on.
Will I have to have the super tuner done at same time.
If so could I use a super tuner from my 2010 street glide.

Usually they are married to the Bike and is not transferable to another..Other newer tuners now have multi bike tuning if you pay for the extra bike tuning..

+1 What trikermutha said, SEPST, TTS both marry to the bike when they are 1st used to upload to the ECM, I believe Powervision also does the same. IMO if you start messing with the intake, exhaust or both you need to give it more fuel.

A air cleaner and exhaust modification can usually be taken care of with a stage one download from the dealer. Then a tuner is not required.

I got stung by this on my wifes 2007 Sportster when we bought it and changed pipes and cleaner. It was, at that time, our first non-carb bike.EVERYONE said we had to buy the tuner, so we did. They just changed the map. What a waste. and, I'm still not convinced they are a one- bike thing either? I'd really like to hear some HD mechanics tell me that they positively can't be reused!

D.

I got stung by this on my wifes 2007 Sportster when we bought it and changed pipes and cleaner. It was, at that time, our first non-carb bike.EVERYONE said we had to buy the tuner, so we did. They just changed the map. What a waste. and, I'm still not convinced they are a one- bike thing either? I'd really like to hear some HD mechanics tell me that they positively can't be reused!

D.
Call your local harley service dept and they will be glad to inform you of what you are asking..

Also here is a paragraph from the SEST manual..

NOTE: The VCI (vehicle communication interface) supplied with this software is for use on a single vehicle only. When the VCI is first used to program a vehicle, it will be permanently locked to that vehicle, and cannot be used on any other vehicle for programming.

D.

It all depends what tuner you have . For instance the Power Commander 5 can be used on multiple apps. But the Power Vision can't. Both by Dyno Jet. The Vision can be done by purchasing a second license from Dyno Jet. :Trike1:

After getting some feed back ,I dug the tuner out and discovered the box was still seald.
After seeing this I called the stealership and asked about this module. I was told that the bike I bought was set up by them and put on floor for sale. The tech thinks it should be good to go but they would have to check this out. The tuner was in side bag when purchased and took out and put up without to much thought by myself. Iam headed to stealership for more advice.

For what it's worthI had a Stage 1 set up done to my 2010 and with stealers suggestion bought the HD Scream'n Eagle module.........months later I had the same done to my Wife's (at a different dealer) and they just did a download
(believe its called a FLASH) - result, BOTH run great and get almost the exact same MPG.
Now I'm thinking of Stage 2 for me - do I need it, NO, guess its a man thing!!!
:wave4:

On our '09 and '11 we did the stage 1 air cleaner and slip-ons. Rush on the '09, Reinhardt on the '11. Dealer did a flash on the computer. Both trikes run great. 35,000 miles on the '09, 15,000 on the 11. Ask 100 people, you will get 100 answers. There are people on this board that swear you need to drop 3 or 4 GRAND to make your trike run 'right', others spend a couple of bucks to make it louder (me) and are also very happy.

Good Luck, drive it like you stole it.

D.

I can 100% guarantee you the Screamin Eagle Pro Supertuner, TTS and the old SERT all marry to the bike it is used to flash and can't flash any other bike.

FWIW everyone has to do what makes them feel comfortable in the end. IMO just a generic stage flash or canned map isn't for me. One would be surprised when they saw the rich and lean spots littered throughout the map if the bike was hooked to a gas analyzer on a dyno. I've seen idle areas in the 17.1, cruise ranges fall in the 15.'s. Will the bikes run, sure, are they running optimal, no.

On our '09 and '11 we did the stage 1 air cleaner and slip-ons. Rush on the '09, Reinhardt on the '11. Dealer did a flash on the computer. Both trikes run great. 35,000 miles on the '09, 15,000 on the 11. Ask 100 people, you will get 100 answers. There are people on this board that swear you need to drop 3 or 4 GRAND to make your trike run 'right', others spend a couple of bucks to make it louder (me) and are also very happy.

Good Luck, drive it like you stole it.

Thanks for all the replys , according to the stealership apparently thats what they done to St. Glide when they were supposed to use tuner but glide runs great and i have a good tuner to use or sell if i so wish. Thanks to all I will have mor questions later.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png