A snack for Skuuter

John Luciano

One Of The Origionals , TOI - New England
Mar 2, 2008
Conn
This would be just a snack for Skuuter. This was a rack of ribs. Honey across got the lunch plate of Fish and Chips. This is another place I would like to take the NE TT Rally to in Aug it is the Wooden en Tap in Farmington Conn. problem again is Parking and a 20 min drive (17 miles all on good state Highway, not 2 lane super slab )
http://www.woodntap.com/locations/farmington/photo-gallery/

Last edited:
I ate about 7 ribs and took home about 10. I didn't think a rack could be that big. Full was $19.00 1/2 was $15.... With slaw and sweet potato fries. Thought of you as soon as it entered the dinning room. ThumbUp

I ate about 7 ribs and took home about 10. I didn't think a rack could be that big. Full was $19.00 1/2 was $15.... With slaw and sweet potato fries. Thought of you as soon as it entered the dinning room. ThumbUp

John, you and Honey save Janice and I a seat, well, me a seat, Janice doesn't really like BBQ ribs. Did you noticed if they serve lobster, for Leo?
So parking will be a problem for the rally, when are you getting there, or you live close by anyway, correct, so you won't need a room?!
We have to finalize our plans soon to see when we will be getting there, so if we get there Thursday, maybe we can go Thursday night. I think the bulk of the people will be arriving Friday night for the rally.
What do you think is the capacity of the parking lot is? Will two trikes per
parking space help if we have a lot of people there? Or is it the seating the problem?
Hey, time is flying and the Rally is coming up real soon.
Hope you and Honey have a great summer.

Regards,

Rosy

Rosy: I think Jonesy is coming in on Thursday also. PARKING : there is parking for about 16 cars in front ,see pictures in the above WWW. There is parking at night across the street at an office complex. As a matter a fact they have no charge valet parking and bring cars over there. Stay in touch. The restaurant can Handle 100 people. Hey I can handle doing a Thursday night.

Stopped at a local grocery store that makes sandwiches and Grinders ( subs, hogies ) 1/4 of roast pork, peppers, onion, lettuce, tomato

Still waiting for up date on NM visit, but it may look good for a Thursday night visit if everything goes well at this end.
One good thing, by then Janice will be done work and we don't have to worry about her asking for time off. Hurray!
I tell you what, just like I am a local in this area, there is nothing like having a "local" scope out an area for food, places to vist, and good prices on motels. That's what I keep telling people, when they travel, ask the "locals", because they know where to go and where to stay away from the "trourist traps" as we call them here.
Not all places you see lots of people eating are "good" places to go. If you are a local you will know this place may be a tourist trap. I know in our area, where the senior citizens go it is a good bet they have good food at cheap prices.
We also have baked bean suppers, turkey dinners, and pot luck dinners at local churches which are great place to eat. Most of the time they are about $8 per person all you can eat with home made desserts. Not a good place for people who are watching their calories.
Keep up the good work and we may see you in August on Thursday night for some ribs and good food! ThumbUp

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

If I had anther roll I could have easily made another huge sandwich. The grinder is $8.00 12" long the sandwich was $6.50.

Went to another restaurant last night (Honey took me out for Valentines day). We went to a place we go often. As a lot of good eating places in this area, there is plenty of seating but parking is limited . I had a mesquite T bone. And she had almond encrusted Tilapia. See attachments . The restaurant is in the bar area of the Yankee Peddler hotel. Built in the early 1910 era. Exposed hand cut beams. Real old world pub. I looked at it for our NE TT Rally. Parking is too limited. I can not upload pictures any more..???.?

John, I feel so bad that you and Honey are "forced" to do all these restaurant investigations with little or no help. If I only lived closer I would volunteer... I know it's a tough job, but you seem to be up to the task. :D

It was good. I am suffering through all these tests, so the people coming to the rally won't have to.
373A3D48-B180-402F-A385-36E531557338-7176-00001074F3FC068E.jpg

There was just enough room on the plate for the steak. Tasted as good as it looks.and tender. The guy that owns this place also has a grocery/ butcher shop .
T Bone steak at the Pedlar. If they have enough parking it could be a stop. Or maybe next year.

It was good. I am suffering through all thes tests, so the people coming to the rally won't have to.
373A3D48-B180-402F-A385-36E531557338-7176-00001074F3FC068E.jpg

There was just enough room on the plate for the steak. Tasted as good as it looks.and tender. The guy that owns this place also has a grocery/ butcher shop .
T Bone steak at the Pedlar. If they have enough parking it could be a stop. Or maybe next year.

I likes me some dead cow, that steak looks gooood!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png