Just passed my trike test

Oct 18, 2012
North West UK
Now the proud owner of a B1 licence, probably one of the last ones in the UK:)

The law changes here on 19th Jan and trikes become " motorcycles" for licence purposes, previously they were "light cars and vans" and could be driven on a full car licence. I needed to sit the test as my licence is auto only and the trike is Manual. New Trikers will now need to do the full Staged m/c training regime but I can carry this entitlement over:)

The test was just like a ride around town, the examiner was really helpful and a jolly nice chap :)ThumbUp

I was close to the wire!

I was dead lucky to speak to a senior examiner at the test agency who was a biker and needed to do one more test to keep his ticket for this year. He rode about 150 miles to come and test me!

I was close to the wire!

I was dead lucky to speak to a senior examiner at the test agency who was a biker and needed to do one more test to keep his ticket for this year. He rode about 150 miles to come and test me!

Tinbasher,
That was very thoughful of that chap to do for you. That many people will go out of their way now days to help others, to busy with their own personel life!
Congrads!
Do you live close to Kidderminster?

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Congratulations, now you can continue to enjoy your triking.
How is the weather in UK?

It's cold but dry it was 2c (35.6f) during my test! Snow is forecast for the weekend :( my fingers were so numb by the end of the test I was having to look at the Klictronic buttons to make sure I was hitting the right one. After the test I realised I was so nervous I forgot to switch on the heated grips :laugh:

In American terms I suppose I do lol but its about 200miles.

I live on the west coast about 100miles north of Liverpool .

This is my town entry on Wikipedia ....

Dalton-in-Furness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was really touched by him going the extra mile for me and asked for his managers name. I will send a note expressing my opinion of the great service he provided.

Tinbasher,

Thanks for the info, yes, 200 miles here is a piece of cake, we do that for a Sunday ride. I worked in the UK and had a great time there.
Hope the snow goes "north" of you so you can enjoy more riding.
Here in NH we have about 24+ inches of snow on the ground from two storms, so the trike will stay sleeping for the rest of the winter.
Do you use heated clothing when you ride, like Gerbins, we do because even in September some years it gets cold in a hurry.
Take care and ride safe!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

You got that right Leo, more snow than I liked at one time. I don't mind when the snow storms are spread apart but almost back to back is way to much! Had to rake the snow off the roof of the house and lean-to because it was getting heavy. I didn't want to be like the All State commercial when mayhem falls through the garage roof unto the car below. Janice will be retiring soon, so maybe we can go South for the winter and skip the white stuff. I don't ski as much as I use to, so I really wouldn't miss it.
Hey, thought of you the other day when I went past a lobster tank. I thought, I wonder what Leo is up to?
Ment to ask you, how is the Sandy cleanup doing in your area? Boy, that's a mess and it isn't getting any goverment help till now when the money was approved. I feel so sorry for those poor people.
Well, the Rally is coming up and I can't hardly wait. Hope everybody will be there and maybe some new people to boot!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Rosy, Congrats to Janice on her upcoming retirement. Yes, winters down South sounds like the ticket. Would be nice to ride year round. Had lobster on a cruise ship last month. It was yummy. :) Yes, coastal NY/NJ is still a mess. Hard to fix without a lot of government involvement. The sand barriers are gone. Looking forward to our upcoming rally. We had a great time last year! Stay warm... Leo

Leo, I see you are going to get snow soon, maybe today! How many inches, we are going to get about 4" on new stuff come Wednesday. It has been great here! Set a record in Porland, Maine yesterday 59F, WOW!
Oh well all good things must come to an end!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Rosy, Don't think we will get much. Sure you folks will top us. Our weather has been pleasant the little we have been home. This is bound to come to an end. Take care, Leo

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png