Hand Brake Question

Jul 30, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Had the trike inspected yesterday in preparation for titling. The only thing that is going to cause me some heartburn is how to install an e-brake. My calipers aren't set up for e-brake and my drive line would be very difficult to put a disk brake on. Anyone had to overcome a similar problem and if so what did you do or see done? Attached is a picture of the trike.
View attachment 7017

just add a line lock, goes in brake line depress the brake then set the lock depress the brake again and lock goes off.
think i saw one at fisherbuggies.com under $50
hope this helps

The e-brake needs to be separate from the hydraulic system, in other words, it can't depend on the brake lines to operate, just like your car's e-brake. I think I am going to have to change my calipers to accept mechanical e-brake cables.

Is the e-brake required for inspection? If not,I would think putting it in park and using a velcro strip around the front brake lever would hold it.
My question would be,what are your plans for getting it off that rolling table when completed? It looks very heavy.
God job on your build.

Yes the e-brake is required to pass inspection and I won't have a hand brake. I estimate the weight at around 1400#, my son works for a towing company so he can lift it off the cart with his truck. Thanks for the kuddo's, it has been fun building it & I look forward to upgrading it after it's done & I find things that I want to change.

92, the pinion mounted set up will only work if both rear tires are on solid traction. If one is sliding the other will not stop. I like the idea due to not using normal brake hydraulic channels.

Sorry it took so long to respond to all your posts. I haven't figured it out yet, but I talked to a bike builder in my area & he said that the e-brake won't stop me from getting it titled.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png