Are we grumpy or what?

Dec 12, 2009
LaFayette
Folks I ain't very good at this stuff, but it seems like we are getting off track.It seems like no matter what is said it rubs someone the wrong way.hope it is just cabin fever and will soon pass.Admin if this is out of bounds just strike it and lets move on.But I sure do like this place we have.RIDE SAFE

Folks I ain't very good at this stuff, but it seems like we are getting off track.It seems like no matter what is said it rubs someone the wrong way.hope it is just cabin fever and will soon pass.Admin if this is out of bounds just strike it and lets move on.But I sure do like this place we have.RIDE SAFE

Couldn't agree more Lucky!

P.S....there is a "like" button. Its the little silver scales of justice on the top right of every post. If everyone would give an approve vote on the constructive posts and a dis-approve vote on the pot-stirring posts, the posters reputation would grow more green or more red. If a rep rating hits and stays red for very long that member automatically goes "poof". Problem solved via their own doing. Kinda like "Survivor", a member can be voted off this island. You the members control this not us staffers. Use your votes. They count.

Reactions: Rsw
...ya-I think cabin fever, bad weather, the economy, and political bs are manifesting in our grumpy old asses! There does seem to be a handful that just can't help but bash, and share their extremely high intellegence with the group.
These gun topics are on their way to be considered a "political topic" IMO, people are just to emotional about them.
This forum isn't much different than any other, maybe a bit more conservative, perhaps due to the age dynamic. Bottom line is you can't get along with everybody all the time-especially when they are taking pot shots from behind their keyboards.

10% Of the pubic love guns.
10% Of the pubic hate guns.
The other 80% Could give a rats patuna about guns, And their the ones we need on our side, So fighting amongst our self won't help to convince the 80% to stay neutral and not lean to the haters [anti's] Most neutrals want gun owners to be calm when discussing gun issues;
Just my thoughts, if your gonna hang me please don't use a new rope.:)

Just to add this gos for Motorcycles also.

10% Of the pubic love guns.
10% Of the pubic hate guns.
The other 80% Could give a rats patuna about guns, And their the ones we need on our side, So fighting amongst our self won't help to convince the 80% to stay neutral and not lean to the haters [anti's] Most neutrals want gun owners to be calm when discussing gun issues;
Just my thoughts, if your gonna hang me please don't use a new rope.:)

Just to add this gos for Motorcycles also.

Good point,,,the antis already think most pro-gunners are a bunch of angry and dangerous, half-cocked morons. If any subject begs for deliberate calm and reason, its the gun threads. Thats why they get watched closer than any other.

Couldn't agree more Lucky!

P.S....there is a "like" button. Its the little silver scales of justice on the top right of every post. If everyone would give an approve vote on the constructive posts and a dis-approve vote on the pot-stirring posts, the posters reputation would grow more green or more red. If a rep rating hits and stays red for very long that member automatically goes "poof". Problem solved via their own doing. Kinda like "Survivor", a member can be voted off this island. You the members control this not us staffers. Use your votes. They count.

I didn't know that was there!!! I got grumpy a couple weeks ago....don't really know what caused it, but i even pissed myself off! :Shrug:

I didn't know that was there!!! I got grumpy a couple weeks ago....don't really know what caused it, but i even pissed myself off! :Shrug:

I understand..I have to ban myself occasionally. :D

I'm serious...if I get too cranky I just stay off the forums till I get over it.

as Phil Robertson says "Happy Happy Happy", mama is Happy she got to ride today for the first time this year for 3 hours!!! But after tomorrow the bottom will drop out, cold and rain all thru next week, But still pepper

Yep we see our world moving in directions we are not comfortable with we all tend to get grumpy. We'll get thru it even if we have to start a little revolution along the way.

Still early for PMS to be setting in. Usually I get it in Feb.
Not much of a cure for it.

I've been here since '08, and watched this forum grow from just over 100 members to getting close to 10,000 now. It has evolved, but on the whole it seems to me to still be the most friendly place around. The more members, the more likely there will be some folks that are abrasive, some that are contrary, some that will just not get it, some that love to stir the pot and some that don't mean any malice but just come across the wrong way in print. When civility is the norm rudeness stands out and can overshadow the vast majority that are respectful, think before they post, realize there is often more than one way to do something, like to hear other's opinions and are willing to have an open mind - even change it on occasion.

All in all, this is a fantastic bunch of folks, and it seems that the ones that turn out to be the south end of a north facing donkey get weeded out pretty soon, and it looks like the process will be hastened by the "Scales of Justice".

I've been here since '08, and watched this forum grow from just over 100 members to getting close to 10,000 now. The more members, the more likely there will be some folks that are abrasive, some that are contrary, some that will just not get it, some that love to stir the pot and some that don't mean any malice but just come across in the wrong way in print. When civility is the norm rudeness stands out and can overshadow the vast majority that are respectful, think before they post and like to hear other's opinions and are willing to have an open mind - even change it on occasion.

All in all, this is a fantastic bunch of folks, and it seems that the ones that turn out to be the south end of a north facing donkey get weeded out pretty soon.
It looks like the process will be hastened by the "Scales of Justice".

Very well said, Don. I love this forum and have been a member myself for quite a few years. I always enjoy visiting it every day and look forward to the various posts for all makes of trikes. For the most part, we have a great family of trikers here! ThumbUp

VERY well said, Don! I know that for many it is "just a forum", but that is not the case for me and for the others who care for the forum daily as staff.

For me personally, the people who come in here matter the most. We get to know you, to love you as our "other family" and we worry about you and pray for you when we know you are hurting or have concerns, or when we notice you are absent from the forum for an extended time.

And once our rally gatherings began, and I have met more and more of you in person, I find your posts have put your smiling (and occasionally grumpy ;)) faces in my mind as I read your words.

I have participated in a number of forums, and TrikeTalk is quite different from the others in this way. I LIKE IT!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png