New Etrike owner

I watched the installation of my Tow Pac IT and it took 3 mechanics 4 hours to install. I would not have attempted by myself. There's a dealer for TP in Oklahoma as you don't have to go to their corporate headquarters to purchase and get installed in Illinois. If I could afford a full trike conversion I'd go that route but I'm very happy with my TP and have about 5k on it now. Taking it next Sunday to Eureka Springs with wife for a week long trip. Best of luck friend with your healing and getting another bike/trike.

Billie welcome to the website from the U.P. of Michigan. I too am a Vietnam Era Veteran and am slowly becoming proud of what I did back then. I have no experience with your brand of add on but would like to hear your opinions on how well it works for you. Keep us updated, ride safe.

Tow pack was originally designed for towing, it is the bike not the tow pack that will determine its ability..

I had a 2002 wing. I used the hitch that was on the bike. I added the e-trike a couple months ago. All was well until the right wheel broke off the e-trike last month and caused me to wreck.

On 6.13.13 I was going to Tow-Pac to have some adjustments done. I could not open my saddle bags all the way. When I crossed the MO/IL state line I hit a pot hole and knocked off the right etrike wheel. I lost control and the bike went off the road and underwater. I have a broken wrist, cracked ribs, broken toe and knee. The bike is totaled. I can't ride for another 7 weeks. I think the etrike is a good idea but it needs some improvements.

where exactly did it break off at or come apart at?????
sure would be good to know so we can check ours closer in that area
Thanks and I am sure glad you weren't hurt a lot more

Gary

After close inspection the axel that holds the etrike broke off that caused the accident.
IfI knew how to post pictures I would do so. Sorry...

did the weld brake or did the axel break itself????

Well I have about 200 miles on my e-trike so far so good
went on interstate today first time ran pretty good at 70 mph
I have noticed some hairline cracks around one of the mounting
holes for the fender.
My kit came from factory with the rubber disc bolt was sticking
thru the bracket about 1 1/4 inch bike felt to me like it leaned too much
I adjusted disc up 1/4 inch on each side and it made a big difference.
others have said there shouldn't be any leaning......
I check all bolts and nuts frequently and so far have only found one
to be a little loose we have some pretty rough roads around here
but I prefer the country roads slow down and enjoy the scenery ...

Gary

amen brother

I call my Tow Pac e-trike, my training wheels:D....and they will stay on
Goldie till I cant ride her any more.... I will probably
look at a rake kit for it next year.should help out steering in the corn
ers and curves somewhat;).....

now they call my Tow Pac, training wheels. I could care less what others say or think about these things as long as I'm happy with my choices.[/QUOTE]

Check all welds and bolts after every long ride. I had a Voyager and it broke 4 times in 2 years 4,000 miles. I don't think the rake will help a lot . You have a center wheel that is fighting the turn in the rear. Notice how you can lift a wheel on a tight turn. I also notice how far forward your rear wheels are????

Congrats on the new ETrike... When I bought my TP last year I looked at both models, the ETrike and InstaTrike and I decided to go with the InstaTrike instead for a number of reasons... The ground clearance seems to be greater with the InstaTrike and my wife would have lost her retractable foot rests if I went with the ETrike and that was a no-op, so I went with the IT... I bought one of their demo units so I saved some $$$ too...

They did the install for me when I bought it, as at the time, I only lived about 90 miles north of them, but I ran into some alignment issues while trying to remove it and reinstall it, so I had to do a re-install of the kit which I just finished today (see my post in this forum) and now the trike kit goes off and on as it should...

Overall I have been very happy with the IT and it does everything I want it to at a very reasonable cost when compared to a regular trike conversion... I have pulled my Time Out Dart cargo trailer about 700 miles with it and there were no issues there - all went well...

I'm sure you'll be happy with your new E-Trike - I'm happy with my IT...

Les

I bought my 1994 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 with the Tow-Pac already installed(insta-trike 12" wheels) Never having ridden a trike before after 56 years on two wheels; it took a few days to start getting used to it. Now; after 9 months and 3000 plus miles, I am enjoying it more every time I take it out. The bike only had 18,000 miles on it when I got it, and was in great shape. I had new tires installed, tune up, all fluids changed and a new battery. Since arthritis of the knees and spine, plus peripheral neuropathy from diabetes was going to park me, this bike came along just in time. Hope my old '02 Lowrider is enjoying it's new home.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png