How Much Air in Shocks?

BinIdaho

TOI - Idaho
May 19, 2009
Caldwell, Idaho
Aired my TG shocks to 40#....need more? Have couple trips next month and will be fully loaded (lol).

Had 10# and bottomed out on a ride Tuesday. Thanks to msocko for showing where to find the air gizmo.

Barbara

Oh good... you two have found something free to add to your trikes! Whew!!! I was beginning to think you each have a real money tree or something!!! LOL.

40#'s seems kinda high? Even loaded. Of course, I have no idea, just remember people talking about it.

Joan

Went on dinner ride tonight....big difference adding more air to the shocks. Glide over the bumps now. Have to go to HD shop tomorrow...I have rust growing on my rear exhaust pipe near the floorboard.

Barbara,

Check your owners manual for the weight you're carrying to determine the required pressure (there's a table w/weight versus PSI). I run anywhere from 40 to 50 PSI depending on the load I'm carrying. Also, I'd check it periodically to ensure it's not leaking out. Mine and my uncle's both leak out a bit after a week or two.

Bubba47

Barbara,

Check your owners manual for the weight you're carrying to determine the required pressure (there's a table w/weight versus PSI). I run anywhere from 40 to 50 PSI depending on the load I'm carrying. Also, I'd check it periodically to ensure it's not leaking out. Mine and my uncle's both leak out a bit after a week or two.

Bubba47

You may be right...maybe it was 40 psi (not #)....

Barbara

Ok, speaking of free air,,,
Auto Zone has the Slime kit with a pump for sale for $29.99, but it has a $20.00 rebate so u end up paying 9.99 for it, plus the cost of postage to send in the rebate... these pumps are great for the trikes that do not have built in pumps. They are small... No I do not work for Auto Zone :D
U can get 2 of them and still get the rebate.....

Ok, speaking of free air,,,
Auto Zone has the Slime kit with a pump for sale for $29.99, but it has a $20.00 rebate so u end up paying 9.99 for it, plus the cost of postage to send in the rebate... these pumps are great for the trikes that do not have built in pumps. They are small... No I do not work for Auto Zone :D
U can get 2 of them and still get the rebate.....

Kat,

What is the "Slime" kit?

Barbara

Slime is the green stuff u put in a tire to keep it from going flat... I would not use it in my Trike, but I do use it in my lawn mower tires, works good... the air comprossor is the bargain...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png