Townsend, TN Riding

Jul 9, 2012
South Central USA
My wife and I will be staying and riding around Townsend, TN for a week in May. Are there any don't miss rides other than the Dragon or Cherohala Skyway? Also, any leads on local restaurants to eat at would be nice. We are thinking on staying at Dock's Motel for the week, any issues to note? We appreciate any feedback or recommendations.

Docks is a very comfortable place to stay.
The owners are very friendly..
Go to gattlinburg,at light no. 8
turn to the top of the hill..The Motorized Nature Trail
We've been riding this for years,,beautiful..
Have seen bear there a few times.

Sharron and Bill that own DOCKS MOTEL are Personal Friends of Ours.....since mtn rider sent You a PM, I'm betting He'll be Your Guide while there....let me know exactly when Ya'll are gonna' be there and we'll try to ride up also.....ALWAYS enjoy riding with mtn rider (Jerry).....pepper ThumbUp :10:

I wanna go, I have already attempted to make a route for 2-3 days for that area maybe second/third week in May. Plus since I will be heading west to come home, thought about hitting the triangle also. Any other places to stay that is ok.

Karen

We'll be in Townsend the week of May 25th through June 1st. We're registered to attend the TN State HOG Rally in Maryville that week, and decided to stay away from the hotels in the city; especially by the Airport. We saw Doc's place the last time we were in the area last year and thought it looked like a great get away from the masses location. It's only 30 minutes away from Maryville anyway.

My wife is already giddy because she wants to move up in the mountains when we retire (not anytime soon), and loves to visit both AR and the east TN area for rides as much as possible. We would love to meet up with anyone who wants to ride during that week.

I'm gonna look into the TOI and discuss it with the wife. We aren't in a local chapter because we can't attend meetings much. We saw the TOI rally in AR thread and that area is absolutely beautiful to visit much less ride around. We would have loved to go, but we cannot make it during those days.

Sounds like a "TRIKE TALK.com GROUP RIDE" might form in May....might could coordinate this with a TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER RIDE..........pepperpepperpepper

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png