Road Water/Dirt Issues?

Sep 18, 2012
Foristell, MO
I just moved from an Ultra to a Tri Glide. I took the TG seat off for the first time and am very surprised at how much open space there is. There is no problem seeing daylight below the trike. The Ultra was not like this.

This makes me wonder how much water and dirt are able to get in the area under the seat and around all those big electrical connections. Has this been an issue for anyone?

Just had the seat off my wifes 2011 TG last night checking the battery conections. It was pretty clean. I've had it off a few times and its never been to bad. I do take the oportunity to do a little cleaning with the seat off though. We have been caught in plenty of rain storms and honestly it's no worse under there than any of my other bikes.

I ride on a dirt/mud road a mile and a half one way, No problems under the seat with mud or dirt.

But when the mud is real soft on the road, And i get back to i the black top, I will have stop and clean out the mud and slush that builds up on the oil cooler and might ? block it.. 11 T/G.

I just moved from an Ultra to a Tri Glide. I took the TG seat off for the first time and am very surprised at how much open space there is. There is no problem seeing daylight below the trike. The Ultra was not like this.

This makes me wonder how much water and dirt are able to get in the area under the seat and around all those big electrical connections. Has this been an issue for anyone?

I believe if you spend a little time preventing a problem it is a lot better than trying to find a problem when it happens. Especially when dealing with electrical.
Stop by the Harley Stealership and pick up a tube of their silicone electrical grease. It isn't too expensive, and just use it sparingly. It will probably last you to the next motorcycle. I put in every electrical connection on the bike. When you get to the ECM a little dab will do. Put it on all the fuses, also all the relays. Battery terminals also.
Prevention is always better than repairs at the worst places you can imagine !

:Trike1:

I believe if you spend a little time preventing a problem it is a lot better than trying to find a problem when it happens. Especially when dealing with electrical.
Stop by the Harley Stealership and pick up a tube of their silicone electrical grease. It isn't too expensive, and just use it sparingly. It will probably last you to the next motorcycle. I put in every electrical connection on the bike. When you get to the ECM a little dab will do. Put it on all the fuses, also all the relays. Battery terminals also.
Prevention is always better than repairs at the worst places you can imagine !

:Trike1:

This is a great idea everyone should do to their trikes. I also put a dab of the dielectric grease on all my bulbs.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png