To Trade or Not to Trade

Dec 11, 2011
Lawrenceville Il. USA
Thinking of trading my 09 Triglide. Have a lot invested in the bike which I'll never recover. Trike has 36,540 miles on it.
Would it be wise to trade now or maybe keep it another year.
Wouldn't it be nice if Harley brought out a black and orange paint job. Would like some feedback please.:Shrug::gah:

My '09 TG had 36,250 miles and was considered high mileage when I traded for the 2013. I average 10K a year, so every year depreciation goes down. Had to trade now or less $ for trade-in next year, etc.

It sounds like you already have the answer except for saying the words - I think I'll keep it a little longer, get more out of my investment and maybe just maybe HD will come out with a color scheme I really like. Come on, say it, you WILL feel better. :wave4:
If you like your trike and have it the way you want it I would keep it a while longer unless HD comes out with one of those 'I've got to have that new TG' deals. :gah:

Thanks 92fxts, you read me like a book. It is hard to do. Maybe I should just do it like Barbara did. She has a beautiful 110 Ann. Triglide. Thanks again.

Your call your money. You only live once so go with what is going to make you happiest. What I would do is not the same as what you will do to make you happy.

I agree if the trike is still running good keep it. The newer trikes have very little changes since the 09's came out.. And since you already have it the way you like it RIDE IT!!!
I plan on driving mine till the engine needs a rebuild then after that maybe upgrade to a few more CC's.

Thinking of trading my 09 Triglide. Have a lot invested in the bike which I'll never recover. Trike has 36,540 miles on it.
Would it be wise to trade now or maybe keep it another year.
Wouldn't it be nice if Harley brought out a black and orange paint job. Would like some feedback please.:Shrug::gah:

It might be cheaper to give yours a paint job.

I know someone does not call 36K miles on a Tri "high Mileage" in no way should that motor get any less than 100k before any issues , hell a wing has just had it's 1st valve adjustment (check) at 32K. I say keep her she will carry you a lot longer down the road.

just upgrade the '09 because it doesn't have a CAT .tHE NEW ONES ARE HAVEING A LOT MORE PROBLEMS THAN WE HAVE WITH THE '09. THERE WERE ONLY 25 THOUSAND MADE. install a S&S Gear cam etc.and a performance machine rear brake kit .

I've always admired the guys that kept their old bikes runnin. Even today's new trikes are gonna be old in the not too distant future (time flies at this age). With just a few mods today's engines are more dependable than the knucks and shovels were. But if ya gotta have a new bike, even the paint job I was gonna suggest probably won't do it for ya. After all, yer the one payin the freight.

Phu Cat

The value is in the owner only. Since there is no real mechanical changes I would save up for a new engine and keep riding down the road.

BTW its only new until you ride it. Then it becomes used

It would be nice to get a new bike when you want but they are pricing their selfs out of the market. I'm like alot of other people, we can't afford this stuff anymore. Hell, I just bought a 2012 Ford 350 dually plus the 2011 Tri-Glide so I'm straped for awhile. Hell I'm only allowed to make 14,000 a year. That's bullsh---t! Yeh they need to come out with a SE version. Nobody could afford that.

Used to be a H-D guy myself but now it makes a lot more sense having a metric bike. I do like them but as someone said their priceing themselves out of the market if they gotta be replaced every 3 years or so. A 30 + k metric is just getting broken in, especially if its water cooled like my RSV. My 05 had 55k on it and never needed more than regular oil changes and a set of plugs once before getting totaled last fall.
Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png