First real ride

Sep 9, 2012
Cedar City, Utah, USA
Took the Roadwing or is it Goldsmith out for my first real ride today. Yep put 20 miles on big grey today. Pushed the outside temp button and saw that it was 28 degrees so I just turned on the heated grips and heated seat.
What I learned is that it is real fast and that it doesn't drive/ride like a motorcycle.
Since I bought this from a dealer in GA I had not ridden it before I bought it and had only driven it around the block a time or two prior to today.
It is great and fun to ride. I'm looking forward to a leisurely ride from LA to DC and home in May.

Nope....the handling is not like being on 2 wheels! :D
Sounds like you are off to a great start. By real riding season you'll be ready for some real riding! Congratulations.

Are you doing the Rolling Thunder run?

Took the Roadwing or is it Goldsmith out for my first real ride today. Yep put 20 miles on big grey today. Pushed the outside temp button and saw that it was 28 degrees so I just turned on the heated grips and heated seat.
What I learned is that it is real fast and that it doesn't drive/ride like a motorcycle.
Since I bought this from a dealer in GA I had not ridden it before I bought it and had only driven it around the block a time or two prior to today.
It is great and fun to ride. I'm looking forward to a leisurely ride from LA to DC and home in May.

You'll be more comfortable as you gain trike experience. I was lucky, and took to the trike pretty easily. I hope the same for you. Enjoy!

Two things that I found that took a little getting used to. One was that going through sweeping turns I wanted to lean into it. And you no longer need to.

The other is this. I have a 6 degree rake on mine and the Hannigan is a long setup. So, going down the Interstate it seemed like it would "float" just a bit when going over some of the repair work. Unnerving at first, but once I got the feel of the way the trike rides it's now not even an issue.

Took the Roadwing or is it Goldsmith out for my first real ride today. .

Actually (ahem . . .) it's a WingSmith. :) If you really enjoyed that ride in cold weather - just wait 'till the temps hit 70 - you will be ecstatic!

Took my WingSmith on a 5,299 mile trip last summer in varying temps and terrain, got picked up in a mini-tornado in SD and dumped right-side-up and that Roadsmith never missed a beat. Had I been on two wheels I wouldn't be writing this!

Man-28 degrees in Cedar, who'd a thunk it would be that cold down there!
Glad you got through your maiden voyage with a positive attitude. The first time I took my HD trike out-I felt like I made a huge mistake converting it. Fourtuneatly I kept at it, and got used to the dynamics (added a rake kit after the 3rd ride).
I found that each time I rode mine any distance, it got easier!
Hope this weather gets better.:gah:ThumbUp:D

CONGRATS on the Cold Weather Ride.....a Triker after my own heart...ThumbUp....You'll be amazed later how "natural" the Trike feels after some mileage and practice.....pepper

Are you doing the Rolling Thunder run?

I'm doing Run For The Wall. I'll be leaving home on the 12th of May for Rancho Cucamonga then heading for DC on the 15th. It really is a great ride. I'd like to see 500 trikes show up.

I've done it twice before on 2 wheels. This will be my first time on 3.

I'll be there as well. Heading up from Virginia Beach for the weekend.

I'm doing Run For The Wall. I'll be leaving home on the 12th of May for Rancho Cucamonga then heading for DC on the 15th. It really is a great ride. I'd like to see 500 trikes show up.

I've done it twice before on 2 wheels. This will be my first time on 3.

I put a complete set of Baker Air Wings on it so now it should be even more forgiving in the cold weather.
The weather is warming up nicely and I should be able to get some real meaningful rides in real soon.
I think I'm going to like it here, and there.

Don't you just love it. Heated grip, seat, & toe warmers. Finish that off with a real sheepskin seat cover for all year riding and you are in heaven.
I toured the mountain roads from tTennessee north to Maine and back last summer accompanied by 3 Harley riders. They nicknamed my trike "The Big Red Recliner". That wasn't so bad but they seemed jealous that I might have been taking naps. Lol
I love the trike and curves are as easy as in my Corvette and just as much fun.
Enjoy your ride!!

After about 200 miles you will know the feel of the trike. Like an idiot I have had mine over 100 mph on the interstate twice, but do not intend to repeat that. I was racing a Harley just to let them know a trike is not a toy. On your mountain or hillside curves watch out for any loose gravel that could cause you to lose traction for a moment and in the fall I warn you that overhanging black walnut trees shed their nuts on the roads.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png