11'F ride to work today

Bikerbozo

Class Clown
Jun 9, 2010
Coram, NY USA
It's all about the layers. Takes me about 45 minutes to ride to work. A good portion of that at 50-70 MPH.
Switched from Syn 3 to Amsoil at last oil change. That really made a difference with TG starting at low temp (below 20'F). Supposed to be colder tomorrow morning.
I am in office all week training someone from Mexico City. He's never driven in snow or ice before. Everyone in shop wearing muliple layers. I rolled up my sleeves because it was too hot for me. I asked him if the "P" word (Small cat, really!) translated. He said yes. So that's what I told him everyone in shop was.bozobozobozo:Freak::Joker3:bozobozobozo

At that temperature there are not enough layers to protect me at 50+ mph in the wind. You truly are a freak, Bozo! No doubt about it!

Way to go Bozo! Weather permitting, I almost always do the 80 mile round trip to work by bike. I work goofy hours and often come home at 2 a.m. (+ or -). When it's too cold (last night 13 deg), I whuss out and use the cage. Also, when it's too cold, by the time I get all properly dressed, warmed up and plugged in, I could have been half-way home already in the car. During the nicer weather, I don't care when I get home, it's the ride that's important. ThumbUp

It's all about the layers. Takes me about 45 minutes to ride to work. A good portion of that at 50-70 MPH.
Switched from Syn 3 to Amsoil at last oil change. That really made a difference with TG starting at low temp (below 20'F). Supposed to be colder tomorrow morning.
I am in office all week training someone from Mexico City. He's never driven in snow or ice before. Everyone in shop wearing muliple layers. I rolled up my sleeves because it was too hot for me. I asked him if the "P" word (Small cat, really!) translated. He said yes. So that's what I told him everyone in shop was.bozobozobozo:Freak::Joker3:bozobozobozo

Your da manThumbUp.

Just to make things interesting, todays commute to work featured...............4'F!!! :AGGHH:
Note also that the trike gets parked outdoors under a cover. Went out to start it 1 hr. before leaving, just to make sure it would start.bozo
As a side note, probably typing bozo with lower case "b" will cause smiley face to come up but Bozo with capital "B" won't.bozobozobozobozobozo

Kudo's to you, Bozo!!
I ride my trike to work year 'round as well. 52mi one way. Coldest I ever ridden in, was 7 below zero. Honestly, I did get cold that morning!

GL1800 CSC Cobra XL
Eagle Man

You're definitely one of my own kind, Bozo. I always preferred the cold weather but you clearly take it to a whole new level, lol. clapping ThumbUp

have ya tried the iron butt competition? ie alaskian trip.
I have a route plotted all out to angle up through Edmonton, to Fairbanks. then maybe just over Artic Circle. Down to Portland, OR to visit my brother and back home. Just waiting for time to do it one year. I figure 4 weeks by myself. In the summer!
On another topic. I have jobs next week in PA and right along Lake Ontario. Forcast looking very mixed. Since for business, I hate to do it, but I might leave trike home and take truck. 10mph on snow isn't good when I have 700 miles to cover.:censored:
I'll turn in my new platinum Man Card later.bozo

-3'F is my lowest ride. I've also gotten stuck riding for over 100 miles in snowy unplowed roads (years ago on 2-wheels, more recently on 3). Just like a car without ABS brakes. Except I don't use front brake. Only rears. Back wheels grab good and push me in straight line. No fishtailing.

Rode out to breakfast in a balmy 10'F this morning. Guy in parking lot had a good one. He asked me if I was called Freezy Rider. Not sure if he was just joking based on movie name or my license plate of Easyrider abbreviated.:Freak:bozo

Bozo,
Glad you were not in NH yesterday, it was -70F windshield factor on top of Mount Washington. It is a lot warmer today, 17F with slight wind. I knew it was cold yesterday when I went and got the paper at 5:30AM and my ears said, hey were is your cap, it was -2F?
So, stay warm and have fun in the cage! NOT!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png