Help 93 trike muffler question

Jun 16, 2012
BARNUM IA usa
Hi everyone

I bought a 93 goldwing 1500 , with motor trike conversion - i noticed when got under it , there was the mufflers ,stock, hooked straight to the header pipe, duals , no air box, exchanger i think it is called ?

it was gone , each muffler direct ?

Question is this ,

Is this ok?
do i loose torque,? or is it better to have hooked ran through aftermarket torque converter ?

what are my pro's this way or the cons
mufflers are stock

or should i buy torque masters pipe , will this do any thing?

many questions , but i know there are many , why better than i that have done, or heard !!

thanks

With the stock mufflers still on, I doubt you will lose much power to speak of IMO. That collector box is more for sound muffling I think-than back pressure? The upside of the direct connection would be slightly less restriction, and better sound-louder is better!:Dpoof

The Valkyrie 'cycles, basically the Honda 1500 'Wing motor, doesn't use the collector box, just two seperate exhausts, one for each side.

My Valk trike works well this way. :)

My '95 Wing with recent MT conversion, uses the stock mufflers (seemingly) just as you describe. I never questioned it because it thought that's the way it's "supposed" to be (or maybe because I'm a putz and don't know any better). Any way I figured the engineers at MT must know what they're doing as they've been at it for quite some time. To me, the tone of the trike's exhaust sounds the same now as it did before being converted. Operationally, except for the obvious trike differences, including weight, the bike has the same zip and "get up & go" as it always did. Hope this may be of some help.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png