trailer wiring harness

I purchased a trailer wiring harness for my 2012 HD Tri Glide from Open Road Outfitters. Being that trikes have a 4 wire system and the trailer has a 5 wire system I contacted Open Road and was told what kit to buy and was also told that the trikes wiring harness is a little differant than a regular FLHTCU. They said there is another AAMP connector ahead of the one under the seat. Does anyone know where this is located, before I dig into this?

I purchased a trailer wiring harness for my 2012 HD Tri Glide from Open Road Outfitters. Being that trikes have a 4 wire system and the trailer has a 5 wire system I contacted Open Road and was told what kit to buy and was also told that the trikes wiring harness is a little differant than a regular FLHTCU. They said there is another AAMP connector ahead of the one under the seat. Does anyone know where this is located, before I dig into this?

There is a converter in line, you will have to hook into the connector that is in the line going to the back of the tike. The picture below is of the converter and rear lights harness, your going to hook into the connector marked 10 12. It is on the left side towards the back of the plate which the grab handles are bolted to. Make sure your you get the correct end, its easy to grab the wrong end of the harness, just follow the wires.

harnessy.jpg

Did it ,works great. Now I am adding a light under the lid of the trailer and am looking for a power source that is on only with the ignition on accessory.Any ideas? I ran a extra wire for this purpose and the plug for the trailer is for 6 wires.
Thanks Tom

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png