Gravel Pan

Does your CSC Cobra, Cobra XL or Viper have the Gravel Pan?

Does it help? :Shrug:

If you are talking about a belly pan it would help especially where you live from what I've heard about your roads. I would be sure to get a substantial one though. A friend of mine last year hit a chunk of loose asphalt that pierced his belly pan and the engine case. That is unusual though and for ordinary road stuff it should protect your oil filter and coolant overflow tank.

In the Cobra Installation Instructions they call it a Gravel Pan.

GravelPan_zps19d68314.png

I have one installed and it has taken a beating. I had to remove it last summer to straighten it back out after running over a piece of loose asphalt. If it had gotten to the filter or water reservoir, $$$$$$$$$$. Rode without it one weekend and saw 0 difference in the engine temps.

Seabill to answer your question, yes my 2013 CSC Cobra XL does have the gravel pan that's in your original post. I did add a belly pan under my GW shortly after I purchased the bike, good thing to, had a friend go over a speed bump that had cracked his coolant tank. Cost him alot more then the $49.00 that I spent.

Last edited:
The Belly Pan was the first thing hat went on the trike, after the coolant tank that was damaged.

It looks like the Gravel Pan is designed to protect the running gear of the CSC trike.

Was wondering if it works or if it just provides a greater surface to collect gravel and stuff.

Also, someone mentioned that they thought the Belly Pan reduced the effects of wind turbulence and was wondering if the addition of the Gravel Pan would help that also.

My CSC Cobra did not come with a "Gravel Pan". It was built at the factory in 2007.
I do have a "belly pan". The first one was aluminum that was replaced with a Stainless Steel after the first one was damaged.

Harleyjoe1, the Belly Pans are fairly cheap and a great accessory for protecting the bottom of your GW. As for the Gravel Pan I do not know exactly when CSC started adding them to their conversion kits. I am sure you could contact CSC and speak with either a tech or parts and they will be able to answer any questions you may have.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png