Fan shroud screen

Dec 15, 2012
austell, GA, USA
Does anyone have a source for a fan shroud screen for a Doghouse - type shroud? I have found plenty of the older type with the lip, but haven't found any that I could rivet or bolt to my shroud. I can make one, but wanted to see if there was something pre-made available.

I have a lap-belt on the rear seat, and one end got chewed up by the fan the other day, making me think I may want to close this off since it is right behind my passenger seat.

tempimage1.jpg

Those are made to go on the lip of a non-doghouse shroud. Mine doesn't have a lip.
I have looked at several ideas, such as rock cages for headlights, coarse strainers, etc...
I have also thought about cutting an expanded steel circle and finishing off the diameter with a tacked on strip of steel, then paint the guard black.
The headlight stone guards look like they would work, but most of them are 5" or 7".
It looks like I need about a 6" round guard. Do you know the diameter of the clamp-on type? I may just be able to remove the clamp, and make small clips to attach it to my shroud.

Then yours is like the blue one and the screens in the link fit the ones like the black one. Might just have to make one. Don't look like it would be to hard.

Last edited:
I am just learning VW's and this might help other people also.

Upright Style: Oil Cooler sits inside fan shroud, and is inline with the fan.
Doghouse Style: Oil Cooler sits behind oil cooler and is offset from fan.

I am just learning VW's and this might help other people also.

Upright Style: Oil Cooler sits inside fan shroud, and is inline with the fan.
Doghouse Style: Oil Cooler sits behind oil cooler and is offset from fan.

Correct. I have found a few possible candidates. The most promising being a rock guard for a headlight if I can find a 6" one.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png