saddlebags

For what it's worth, I've read on other forums that you should NOT follow the template supplied with the bags. They'll wind up crooked on the fenders. The only way to fix it then without drilling more holes in the fiberglass is to adjust the mounting piece on the back of the bag. BE CAREFUL!!

GoSlo's right about the template. If your dealer is close by, have them install. I've had 2 sets installed so far and neither have been crooked. ThumbUp

I had just the opposite experience that Barbara had. The dealer installed them "per the instruction" according to them and the bags looked awful. I posted pictures of the install here to show the problem.

Worked with the dealer and they had the back of the bags modified instead of drilling more holes in the plastic. It was a nightmare. They look halfway decent now, but not 100%.

They are a little expensive, but to me well worth it. They really come in handy. I even put the heat controller for my Gerbing gear in the left side one.

As was said measure 3 times then cut/drill. :)ThumbUp

Good luck.

i had read GaryDs post back when he had all the problems and so I will be setting the entire bag in place, outlining them with the wax pencil and cutting a full template from the back of the bag to insure the holes on the template is located properly before drilling,I use to do custom Rod building so hopefully it want be too bad of a job to do... (fingers crossed) !!!
Wish me Luck !!! LOL

Good luck Geno. I wish someone would have been around when I bought mine. I was going to do it myself, but decided to have a "PROFESSIONAL" do the work since I've been known to fudge up a project or two and didn't want to really screw up the big costly plastic body. You live and learn. ThumbUp

I was the one that suggested modifing the bag instead of putting another hole or two in the body.
With all these electronic "think for me" do dads that everyone relys on, nobody is using their brains anymore. :gah:

Cant those be installed with a removable adhesive or heavy velcro?? I cannot stand drilling mores holes into the bike body if possible..

They must be removable to access the side covers for fuses and air shocks. I found this out after I put a bolt through the top hole to prevent being easily removed.

GaryD, I know exactly what you mean there Bud.
Beleive me , after reading your horror story i was determined to find a better way.
Cut my templates last night from some heavy construction paper and will be tackling the project this weekend...
Also adding the new Kuryakyn rear mud flaps and the wifes adjustable cruiser pegs along with the kuryakyn side lights on each side of the the trunk .
Gotta keep Mama Happy come riding season !!!!
P.S. ... installed the Kuryakyn passenger adjustable arm rest back at the end of the summer and i Despise those things, constantly working loose on the right side one...
HD has a new set out that really looks good but $400.00 is a little ridiculous, then again tightening these up every time out is too !!! LOL
Thanks Guys for all the replys.....

GaryD, I know exactly what you mean there Bud.
Beleive me , after reading your horror story i was determined to find a better way.
Cut my templates last night from some heavy construction paper and will be tackling the project this weekend...
Also adding the new Kuryakyn rear mud flaps and the wifes adjustable cruiser pegs along with the kuryakyn side lights on each side of the the trunk .
Gotta keep Mama Happy come riding season !!!!
P.S. ... installed the Kuryakyn passenger adjustable arm rest back at the end of the summer and i Despise those things, constantly working loose on the right side one...
HD has a new set out that really looks good but $400.00 is a little ridiculous, then again tightening these up every time out is too !!! LOL
Thanks Guys for all the replys.....

From what I've read here you will have to raise the tour pak up to clear the swing for the HD rests. I don't know if Dennis's rails are high enough, or you could do three things at one time. Maybe he will come out with a tall set.
Kuryakyn needs to go back to the detent ball like on their old arms. But that would cost them more.... sound familiar ??

:Trike1:

Trikermutha, there isn't a removable adhesive or velcro strip I would completely trust, to hold on the outside of a vehicle, anything heavy or to hold my favorite items.
My experience with H-D tour pak lid organizer and other double back type tape items leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I'm with you on drilling holes in plastic or even metal panels. but sometimes you have to.

Update on the bags, GaryD you will be glad to know they turned out great, also got the passenger pegs and new mud flaps mounted.. Everything went well and completed in about 2 hrs.... next will be the rear trunk side lights and rear trunk lock trim...maybe next weekend...
anybody running the rear suspension compressor ????

When I was contemplating buying these as part of my initial TG purchase, nobody at the dealer could answer the question about removing the snap off panels and access to the reverse fuse or the master fuse...they had to open one up and read the instructions[Parts Department] At this point, since it was obvious they had never installed one before, I insisted they mount it first BEFORE I signed anything....Does look great and I highly recommend them for anyone with a TG...

Fred, I've had HyperLites on the last 3 bikes - ever since I saw them on a friends Ultra. Will never have another bike without them.

I mount them under the tour pac and been thinking on installing a set on the license plate holder(available from HyperLite) and maybe even on the rear fenders. That may be over doing it. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png