Gun Regrets?

Jun 18, 2012
Iowa
Years ago, when I was broke, young and stupid, I sold a satin nickel Colt Combat Commander to a friend. I have kicked myself in the a$$ several times since. A few years ago, I satisfied my 1911 craving with a Springfield Light Weight Operator, a very nice 1911, but it's not a Colt. Don't get me wrong, I love the Springfield, and it's my go to carry piece, but it's not my Commander.

Anybody else ever sold or trade a gun that they now regret? My maxum now is never sell a gun!

While living in Indy I carried a 4013 TSW Smith & Wesson. When I moved back to Illinois I sold it. Wished I had never done that. Love to find one ,but they discontinued it. Cant find one any where.:gah:

Many years ago while away for the weekend, our house (we've since moved 3 times for work reasons) was burglarized and among the losses was my custom made handgun carrying case containing a Ruger .22 semi-auto target pistol with fancy grips, modified trigger pull, etc. Also, a like new Ruger .357 Blackhawk.<br />
<br />
Several other houses in the area were also "hit". I have always regretted not having had a better "hiding place" for my guns and also, always worried about what "damage" may have been done with the .357 in the wrong hands.<br />
<br />
No one was ever caught and nothing was ever recovered...

Back in the 70's I had a 4" S&W mod. 19 that was fully engraved, like an idiot I had to have a S&W mod. 29 -- ended up selling the 19 and bought 2 - mod. 29's ( one 6 1/2 " and one 4 ) still have them but would much rather have the 19 back.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png