Windshield

Jul 8, 2012
greensburg pa
I would like to know if anyone has a Klock Werks windshield on there TG,,also will the harley 3 pocket windshield bag work with this windshield,,,and how do you like it,,,thanks Bob

I have the Klock Werks windshield and 3-pocket windshield bag...works just fine! The local dealer lets you try a sample windshield before buying....I love it.

I have the medium size windshield on mine as you can see by the picture. The pouches work out just finepepperpepper..I can see over the top and it does WORK as promised with the wind coming over the windshied. Well worth the money and Harley does have a try before you buy at most dealers.....Good Luck:10:

Gary

do you guys get side winds and does it disturbe the air between the shield and you. I tried one and it was tinted, don't remember the size but it was really bad with the side winds hitting my face and almost knocked my glasses off. Plus polarized script sunglasses make everything thru the shield like "Inna Gada Davida"!!

My StreetGlide trike came with a 4" windshield and I did not like it at all-but put<br />
the KlockWerks on and I look over it-no problem. I felt that I had more updraft<br />
hitting me from 'below' the fairing so I bought the Adjustable Air Deflectors H.D. #<br />
58156-08 and now VERY happy with the set-up.

I am using the LRS shield and went with the taller model. I dont want any thing hitting me in the head and I cant stand looking over a windshield..
The more ridgid wnidsheiled helps the vibration and wind issues..

good Luck

Thanks Barbara thats What I wanted to know,,what size windshield is yours

I have 10" from top/bottom where it hooks in the fairing...dark tint. With the air deflectors and baffle from Dennis Swan there is no wind blowing either under fairing. Sunglasses stay put Skeet. You want to look OVER the windshield, not THRU it.

I think its all up to personel preference whether or not you look thru or look over a windshield.
My preference is looking thru and having the curve at the top of the windshield carry the wind over me and my wife..

I bought my 6" glock works shield because I can see in the rain, plus I don't like looking through a shield. The only draw back is it puts more wind on the wife, but she is use to it now. It worse when its cold.

good point..That was why also why I went with a taller windshield my wife wanted me to get the wind away from her since she sits higher than I do..

I don't want a walnut sized boulder hitting me in the head/helmet, so prefer looking through a shield. Had it happen once - never again.

Your sure to lessen the chances of something hitting you, but no eliminate it entirely. I've always looked through the windshield and have been hit in the face by all kinds of crap. A couple stand out vividly in my mind. The 1st was while a group of us were going to SD, my dad was in front of me and we were running around 80 mph with a speed limit of 75 mph. At the time he was riding his 06 Ultra Classic and I was riding mine also, my bike still had the stock windshield which I had to look through. I saw something come off my dads bike and hit the asphalt, it bounced up and inside behind my windshield and hit me right below the left eye. The piece was from his tour pak latch which had broken, it cut me below the eye.

The 2nd happening which stands out in my mind is a big old juicy bug strike, heck actually 2 bug strikes on 2 separate trips in the same year. The 1st bug come in behind the windshield at 60 mph and hit the boom mic on my helmet which caused the bug to explode across my face, it was nasty. The 2nd happened while running 75 mph down the freeway. A big bug hit the toe of my left boot which was cocked out, the bug exploded which sent parts or it into my face, down the side of the trike and all over my wifes left leg. I've always worn Wiley X safety glasses in my prescription for the very reasons I mention. The last bug strike finally caused me to buy a modular full face helmet which I wear when on the freeways, I've been hit by to much trash over the years.

One other nasty strike was a golf ball sized rock which come off the back of a dump truck and hit me in the left knee, I didn't know if the knee would support weight when I stopped. I was riding my 06 Ultra at the time coming back from a trip with the wife. When I got hit I told the wife I would be pulling off into a parking area and I didn't know if I would dump the bike or not. I managed to stop and use my right leg to support the bike. My knee swelled up the size of a grapefruit and hurt like hell for days.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png