Trike Insurance

This has been hashed over and over here. Just would like your thoughts.

I have a 2008/1800. I had it triked in 2010, CSC. And nothing fancy to add to it.

I got a notice from Progressive Insurance today. $ 599.00 for a year.

I'll be more then happy to find another insurance comp. more within my range.

Any suggestions ???

Ride Safe

Regards

Pat

I have a 2009 GW (purchased new in Nov 2012 with 0 miles) and a 2013 CSC Cobra XL (with many addon's and accessories). I gave Geico and pay $311 with a $50 duductable on collision/comprehensive. I was paying $213 a year with a $500 deductable. Figured with all the extra's on the Trike a $50 deductable was easy to swing, but it doesn't cover helmets with the intercom system if they are stolen. They are only covered when you are involved in a collision along with and riding apperal. i figured that the cheapest piece of chrome is almost $50, so anything beyond that is on Geico.

Last edited:
Checkout Foremost thru AARP. I switched to them this year. High limits, full coverage for $289. That's for an '05 Motor Trike in Ohio. Saved me $200 from my prior company.

This has been hashed over and over here. Just would like your thoughts.

I have a 2008/1800. I had it triked in 2010, CSC. And nothing fancy to add to it.

I got a notice from Progressive Insurance today. $ 599.00 for a year.

I'll be more then happy to find another insurance comp. more within my range.

Any suggestions ???

Ride Safe

Regards

Pat

Insurance must be high in your state. I have a 2004 Wing Triked with a CSC kit PLUS a 2007 Harley Ultra and my total premium is $617.00 per year. That includes $500.00 deductable and $9000.00 in extra accessories coverage to cover the trike kit.

Have Geico also on 2008 /1800 with Roadsmith and paying $ 374.00 annually. We have full coverage with high limits on liability and $1000 deductible. Good luck with your insurance shopping. I do recommend Geico. My son had Progressive on his motorcycle and they went up on him and he changed insurance companies.

You might give the folks at Markel a try. We had our Trike with Progressive and were able to reduce our premiums and at the same time increase our coverage limits. So far we are very happy with them.

I recheck my coverage and premium every year and have found Foremost (through AARP) is the best deal consistently. I recommend approaching the top three and request a free quote and do the math yourself but make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples however. That is, the same coverage and the same length of time (watch out some quote for 6 months).

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png