Navigation Update

Dec 16, 2012
Lawton , OK, US
I was wondering if any one had ever replaced the SD card in their GW to update the Navigation Sysytem. I have noticed when I was riding that there were roads that were not on my map. Also does anyone know where to get updates for the Navigation System (do you down load them onto the SD card). As my GW is a New 2009 and was purchased in Nov 2012 the maps are already 3 years old (2013 right around the corner, may as well say they are 4 years old). Any info would be appreciated.

For an updated navigation CF card for your Goldwing, go to www.garmin.com/goldwing. I am fairly certain that CF cards in models previous to 2012, do not allow you to upload new data to the card. I've had my 2008 updated with a new card, and had one (1) replaced at no cost due to some bad card data. I don't remember exatly, but the updated version from Garmin/Honda was around $150 or so.

GL1800 CSC XL
Eagle Man

They (Garmin), as best I can remember reduced the price to $99. but had many problems. I've been watching posts on this from several forums over several months and decieded to wait until at least March and then inquire. Garmin keeps fixing it and then everyone finds problems.

I spoke with Garmin INC. and they advised me not to buy the update that is out right now, that in April or May they will be releasing a new update maping and it will also have extra features added to the Garmin (Navi) on the new SD card. The cards that are currently in our GW can not be updated and must be replaced if we want more current maps and extra features, all of this to the tune of $95 + tax and S&H>

I spoke with Garmin INC. and they advised me not to buy the update that is out right now, that in April or May they will be releasing a new update maping and it will also have extra features added to the Garmin (Navi) on the new SD card. The cards that are currently in our GW can not be updated and must be replaced if we want more current maps and extra features, all of this to the tune of $95 + tax and S&H>

I got the same story from them a few months ago except they said March :(
A:)

Well the sooner the better, not that I am dependent on the Garmin, but when your driving down roads that don't exsist on you Garmin it can be a little troublesome:gah:. Espescially when you are running low on gas and can't figure out where you are at:Shrug:. Might need to take a road atlas and put it in my trunk so I don't get misplaced on long trips:Trike1:.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png