Cold trip to Goathland

Nov 30, 2012
N WEST , UK
A cold but lovely day in February, with clear blue skies .The Trike beckoned and off i went on a 230 mile round trip . My destination ? i decided within a mile of setting off , would be the North Yorkshire Moors . In particular a little village called Goathland .

IMG_9832 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1 3/4 hours later i was up on the moors .

IMG_9833 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Copy (2) of IMG_9835 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Stretched my legs and warmed my gloves on the engine , it was time for a coffee and then go and find Goathland .

For the uninitiated , Goathland is the setting for a 1960`s based TV drama called Heartbeat .The train station there was used in the Harry Potter films and no doubt many more . It is a lovely remote village high up on the moors .

IMG_9848 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_9847 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Copy of IMG_9846 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I had another coffee and a bite to eat in the village . A couple came over chatting about motorcycles . It`s funny no one ever comes over for a chat when i`m in the car .

I drove the Trike 500yds down to the Railway station .They still run Steam trains down this line . It opens for business next week.

Copy (2) of IMG_9837 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Copy (2) of IMG_9838 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Copy (2) of IMG_9839 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Stood chatting with a couple of station workers , they were getting the place ready after the winter hibernation . They are all volunteers and love every minute of it . Most are retired engineers or Railway workers .

Copy (2) of IMG_9840 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Copy (2) of IMG_9842 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Copy (2) of IMG_9844 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Copy (2) of IMG_9843 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A little drama , the immobiliser would not turn off . I thought i might get stuck in this little Heaven:) . Anyhow it worked after a while and i set off for home .Must have been the salt , washed the Trike down and all is well :)
I had a great Saturday morning , it wasn`t planned , i jumped out of bed and followed the front wheel.

Here is a link to the railway website .

North Yorkshire Moors Railway :: A steam train adventure through the stunning Yorkshire Moors

ThumbUp

I loved the ride report and the pictures are absolutely wonderful! Thank you for sharing your lovely day with us :D

asn't that station also used in Foyle's War? Thanks for the pictures and the report.I will probably never be able to ride in your country so it is nice to get your impressions

cool pics, as an avid traveller and having been born in england (parents emigrated when i was 2) ive spent a few holidays traveling the UK. such a beautiful country, funny as a kid the only images i had of england was corronation st, so i just thought england was just row apon row of terraced houses.
despite this being a trike forum, what was the chances of catching 2 105E anglias in that village, (photo outside the shops) or is that a harry potter thing too?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png