Fixing Reverse

I am very new to the whole world of motorcycles. I just got my endorsement and rode for the first time in August. My wife and I just got our first bike. A 2013 Harley TriGlide. Today, I pulled it outside to wash and wax my new toy. When I started to back it in the garage, I had no reverse. The owner's manual referred me to the reverse breaker. I spent 30 minutes trying to find the breaker. A Google search lead me to this website that told me where to find it and how to fix it. As a "newbie" to this whole new world, I will definitely be back in the future. Thanks for setting up this site and also to all the people who were able to help me fix my problem.

I am very new to the whole world of motorcycles. I just got my endorsement and rode for the first time in August. My wife and I just got our first bike. A 2013 Harley TriGlide. Today, I pulled it outside to wash and wax my new toy. When I started to back it in the garage, I had no reverse. The owner's manual referred me to the reverse breaker. I spent 30 minutes trying to find the breaker. A Google search lead me to this website that told me where to find it and how to fix it. As a "newbie" to this whole new world, I will definitely be back in the future. Thanks for setting up this site and also to all the people who were able to help me fix my problem.

1st be sure it is in Neutral. The breaker is behind the right side cover just inside the frame. Can't miss it. It will have a lever on it.
:Trike1:

welcome!! the best advice i can give is to switch out the syn3 in the trans to rel line syn motorcycle gearlube or spectro.
because the syn 3 is waaaaay tooo thin to be used in a tranny. i get r/l from HARPWORLD.COM
ALSO RED LINE OR R/L ALSO MAKES A 20X60 SYN MOTORCYCLE OIL FOR THE HEAT OF THESUMMER TIME. enjoy!!

Welcome to the forum and to the reverse circuit breaker tripping. It got me the first time. I had bought the maintenance manual supplement for the trike, so I had to do a lot of reading, :)

Cruderanger (as in crude oil?) Also remember the engine must be running or reverse won't work. Reverse probably pulls almost as much current as the starter motor.

My volt gauge drops to 10 volts when using reverse, but that might be because of where the volt meter ties into the electrical system. It should have been put very close to the battery.

Don't think revving the engine will make the breaker less likely to pop. If anything, more voltage thru a given resistence will increase amps the breaker sees.

Phu Cat

My understanding is Harley repositioned the reverse motor for 2013?? If so was there a reason for doing this?

The only change I have heard of is the change for the brushes, (rotated housing) & a drain on the rear cover to keep the brushes out of moisture. I haven't looked at the 13's, but I think they are in the same mounting position.

:Trike1:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png