trike build

Feb 11, 2013
canada
I just signed in as a new member and this is my first post.

I've been posting on other forums (harley) before but now I want to build a trike. I'm a hot rod bike guy and like the chopper look. I've had them all.

Now age is setting in (bad back---bad knee) so its time for a trike. But I want to keep the style and performance I'm used to. I have been on the internet pretty steady but nobody is building a trike like I want. I've been through this forum also. This will be a long post so please bear with me.

I have the bike and I have a motor. I bought an insurance claim 1997 electraglide standard and purchased a new stock set of forks. Its been inspected and is now ready for reassembly. Then I decided to convert to a trike.

I have 127 ultima black gem motor to put in it. I want my project to be custom chopper like so it doesn't get lost in the parking lot. There are raked trees available that allow the batwing fairing to mount level. No light readjustment, etc.

How much rake would work for the look ? I may need longer forks. I would like to keep a partial open solid axel with small trunk and still be able to put on the tour pac as needed and a tow bar. WOW ! any input ? Has anyone ever done an electrglide like this ?

Long....Low... Mean . Thanx

I just signed in as a new member and this is my first post.

I've been posting on other forums (harley) before but now I want to build a trike. I'm a hot rod bike guy and like the chopper look. I've had them all.

Now age is setting in (bad back---bad knee) so its time for a trike. But I want to keep the style and performance I'm used to. I have been on the internet pretty steady but nobody is building a trike like I want. I've been through this forum also. This will be a long post so please bear with me.

I have the bike and I have a motor. I bought an insurance claim 1997 electraglide standard and purchased a new stock set of forks. Its been inspected and is now ready for reassembly. Then I decided to convert to a trike.

I have 127 ultima black gem motor to put in it. I want my project to be custom chopper like so it doesn't get lost in the parking lot. There are raked trees available that allow the batwing fairing to mount level. No light readjustment, etc.

How much rake would work for the look ? I may need longer forks. I would like to keep a partial open solid axel with small trunk and still be able to put on the tour pac as needed and a tow bar. WOW ! any input ? Has anyone ever done an electrglide like this ?

Long....Low... Mean . Thanx

Here is my buddy Zood's 1993 Electraglide with a raked front end and a 21" wheel >> http://www.triketalk.com/forum/membe...ttle-magazine/

He would be a good source for asking the question on how much rake can be used and what he knows.

Welcome....most of the guys doing long low chopper look trikes, are doing frame up custom builds. You could modify the neck and go lower profile tires in the back to achieve that chopper look. For functional reasons you want at least a 4.5-6" rake, for ease of steering. Sounds like you want more radical dynamics tho! Check my posts for my "Brain Damage" trike that I built-it was all custom.:wave4::D:xszpv:

Yeh ! I'm thinking bigger front tire (higher) and smaller low prifile on back, like you said. I want it to look "bad" but still be comfortable for long haul 2 up riding. As soon as I come up with the degree of rake tree to fill my needs and still use my stock fairing, I'll begin. Probably drop the back a little, depending on tires. I'll pick a design and then discuss it with someone selling trees and rear end kits.

I want to go chain drive because of the power of the new motor, 140 hp/tq.

Which trike kits offer chain drive ?

Any feedback on pros and cons.

I like the belt except for the on the road problems if I break one.

I want to go chain drive because of the power of the new motor, 140 hp/tq.

Which trike kits offer chain drive ?

Any feedback on pros and cons.

I like the belt except for the on the road problems if I break one.

Call me and I can give you my best advice. I sell LOTS of rake kits per year for trikes and bikes, all size wheels.

(346)800-7946.

Zook

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png