Kuryakyn Tuner

Aug 21, 2011
Lake Murray, SC
I have an 05 Ultra EFI with Lehman Renegade conversion. I am looking at a Kuryakyn Tuner kit part # 4405770 or #4406729. These are a kit with Pipes, Muffler, Air Cleaner and Tuner. Is any familiar with these? Thanks in advance for any input.

Both of these kits come with the TTS, AC and dual exhaust plus the mufflers. Not a bad price.

Since you have a trike I'm not sure you will like dual exhaust as it will reduce your bottom end torque. The 4405770 comes with 2.25" baffles, again not good for your bottom end torque. The 4406729 doesn't say what baffle it comes in. Both kits come with the same head pipes that do not have 02 sensor bungs. (keep reading)

Since you have an 05 you will need to get the TTS tuned by a trike dyno operator. If you want to tune yourself and take full advantage of the ECM then I would suggest installing a set of 02 sensors and wiring them up to the ECM. This will allow you to make tweaks in your TTS tune or tune it yourself. It will also allow your ECM to adjust your tune on the fly (within reason).

1400 bucks isn't bad for a kit. Also note it doesn't come with the TTS cables and it doesn't say if this is the TTS or the TTS2 unit. Black is the old style TTS and blue is the new style TTS2.

Lets price this out...

TTS = 400 bucks
AC = 110 (just got one off of ebay S&S)
Pipes for the 2008 and 2007 bike may run 500 bucks
Mufflers = 350 bucks.

So that's about 1300 bucks and you can choose your muffler and pipe combination. If you get a pipe with 02 sensors then you can tune the bike yourself and save another 400 bucks. My bet is you can find all kinds of deals for 07 -08 head pipes, used even for less than 500.

Just thinking out loud.

I forgot to mention that those #s were Dennis Kirk but you got it anyway. Thanks Wizard but I would not know where to start to do it myself, wish I could. Thanks for info and you are correct I definitely don't want to hurt my lo end! Is my exhaust system stock with the Trike kit installed, or did something have to be changed when the trike kit was installed?

Last edited:
Is my exhaust system stock with the Trike kit installed, or did something have to be changed when the trike kit was installed?

Bet a dollar to a doughnut that it has an exhaust extension pipe on the right side just in front of the rear tire.

Being an 88", just me, but I wouldn't even start to modify it. If you do then you will lose a lot of the bottom end you have now. If you really, really want to modify your trike then at the lease... front drive pulley change and a small cam with a tuning device would be the place to start. You can add mufflers later. Try to keep the muffler baffles at 2" or less. 1.75 baffle is perfect balance between stock and sound with a little added performance.

It only costs a bit more than 100 bucks to convert your 05 to the latest ECM modification for 02 sensors. The TTS manual has all the part numbers and the wiring diagram for this. So, if you buy a head pipe get them with 02 sensor bung holes to mount the sensors.

What I would do with an 05 conversion with a 88" motor may not be what you want so please don't let me put my finger print on your trike... I'm just talking out loud here. Spending 1400 bucks on either of those kits wouldn't be what I would do.

Thanks, I really am happy with it now but thought it would be nice to have a little more power. I will probably leave well enough alone. Thanks again for the info.

Have an 02 Road King with Motor Trike kit installed. I installed Vance and Hines true dual head pipes, slash cut oval mufflers, V02 air cleaner and throttle pack all Vance & Hines, the tuner is very easy to program no computer needed. I had it dynoed just to see what HP and torque improvements were I gained 9.5 HP and 8.6 ft. lbs. of torque. All components for under $1300 bucks at J & P cycles.

Very noticeable over the stock 88 with only a K&N ire filter and Samson exhaust.

May want to add here... Lake has an Ultra so there's a bit more weight and wind resistance. So 8 or 9 foot lb gain won't be like a RK gain.

plumr... have you considered a 95 Kit with a little head work? That and a torque cam will blow your hair back. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jersey Mike

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jersey Mike
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png