What 2 Wheeler do you currently own?

Nice ..... but that Norton especially caught my eye. My first bike ever was in early '70s, it was a 1970 Norton 750 Commando Fastback, the one with the long F-glass tank and tail piece behind the 1.5 person seat. Great handling, always steady, likely the reason I didn't kill myself on a MC long ago ..... it pulled my young hide through. Mine had twin leading shoe frt drum and would howl the tire from speed to stop, ultra smooth 4 speed, gobs of torque, sweet ride. Wish I had it back ......
Nice triple. Lusted after the Hurricane Triple but didn't get one. This Norton had more power than most when I was wearing my "young hide" was running a modified (for more boost) Drouin Supercharger, and when I would twist the throttle open would peg the boost gauge at 20 psig. That was fun.:D

My second bike is a 2013 V-Strom Adventure DL650. In my youth in Idaho I rode a lot of enduro bikes so this is kind of a throwback for me, although I took the enduros places I won't be taking the V-Strom. Butler maps along with Touratech has mapped many of the western states routes which are comprised mostly of service roads and trails. The Idaho route starts on the Idaho-Nevada border and goes north and into Montana and finishes in Canada - mostly on dirt for a total of 1,250 miles.

That is part of my retirement plan, to do the Idaho, Oregon, Arizona, Utah, and Washington routes. Aside from that, it is just a very fun bike that is very reliable and gets about 50+ mpg! It is light enough that it will fit on a triple-mount bumper rack on the motorhome too. Last year I rode it more than the trike because I was having the new engine(s) fitted - and that took forever.

My only wish is that I had bike three, and four, and...

After 2 Hondas and 2 BSAs I got my first Harley in '73. A 13 year old '60 FLH. I wanted a new Superglide that was introduced a couple years before, but couldn't afford it. I bobbed the pan and put a Superglide front end on it and rode it for years. It is the only 2 wheeler that I still own. I am slowly accumulating parts to totally restore it. This was shot around '83.

PAN B&W.jpeg

After 50+ years I'm Two-Wheel-Less....All i have now is my Tri-Glide...But i still get the urge to get another one....Riding two wheelers and then stopping cold turkey is like when i stopped smoking cigarettes back in 1970... I still have the urge :Shrug:......

But like my old man would say; The true test of strength is to be able to Not give in to urge's .

My little Dyna:

cc01.jpg

'02 FXDWG3, got her last year with 3200 miles on her, only thing I added was baffles in the pipes. Is said to be the first of the CVO line. Don't drive her as far, but more often, than the trike...

main ride is my 09 Yamaha Venture/Hannigan trike. I also have a Yamaha 1100 on consignment. It was supposed to be paid for and picked up last Tuesday but during the storm on Monday a tree fell on the guys house....go figure.

I also have (on layaway) 2016 Indian Chief Vintage, Willow Green and Cream.... Can't wait until spring to pick her up and give her a go!!

Wow, I'm not sure that I ever knew this 2 wheeler sub-forum existed.

During cold weather, I predominately ride my Tri-Glide. Also, most of Mary and my long trips are on a Tri-Glide, for the last 6 years.

But I still ride 2 wheelers.

I currently have a Softail, modded just how I want....

8%20roadside_zpsgeeau21c.jpg

...I ride it solo, and Mary and I ride 2 up on it quite a bit.

ReadyToRoll_zps0b1e9506.jpg

And a I have a Sporty that is a solo only now...we used to ride it 2 up a lot, prior to its' current rendition.

1890s%20house_zpssmqjpeq3.jpg

Another Sporty is almost 1 year in "project status", link on the build can be seen here-

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/35207-SBS-Project-Sportster-Chop-w-Lots-of-Photo-s

Here's a recent pic of it-

Not%20touched%20in%20months_zpsikjkx0vq.jpg

When I ride any of the 2 wheelers a lot, I get a hankering to ride the Tri-Glide....and when I ride the TG a lot, I get a hankering to ride one of the 2 wheelers----unless it is cold, then I like the wind protection of the TG. :)

Kevin

Just looked thru a bunch of the photos....couple of sweet Nortons.

My second street bike was a Norton that I co-owned with a bud...neither one of us could afford it on our own. :)

That bike was amazing...I've often thought about getting another, but I doubt my 40 year old memories of it would match current reality. haha

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png