Another question

Aug 8, 2012
Dora Al
I know[ he needs help again],but if you dont ask you dont know:Shrug::. My question 'changing from cable to hydraulic operated clutch, what parts are needed, would like to go with good quality parts. So I know I am a little dumb to all this but give me a little time.All imfo will be appreciated thank rick.

Rick there is no dumb questions. That is why there is a forum to help those that need info. There are several companies that make a hydraulic kit for VW modifications. There are a lot of sand bugs out there that VW trikes use the same stuff off of. Basically you will need the master cylinder with either your hand lever a foot pedal setup. Then either steel tubing or there is flexible reinforced plastic tubing available. Then you need the slave cylinder at the clutch. They are really pretty straight forward. Hope this helps.

Thanks Gorilla,what I have found on this site is some one is always willing to help.A little about the trike, built by Arizona Trike [Scorpion] revamped in 2006 changed fat boy tanks, added custom paint, and other things so that being said would like to retain original side mounted pedals.While doing this it will create a angle will it still work.Another question what is the best parts to use again thanks.

hey guys proves what I said while thanking Gorilla others chimed in, thanks will look at all this .Is it worth the change seems to be on everything I read again thanks rick

hey guys proves what I said while thanking Gorilla others chimed in, thanks will look at all this .Is it worth the change seems to be on everything I read again thanks rick

Absolutely! I love mine. no problems for 7 years. I do need to rebuild the slave cylinder sometime soon as I am getting a slight weep from it, but I wouldn't trade it back to cable. I use a foot lever on the left for my clutch, and I also have my slave cylinder set higher than my master, but it has never caused any problems yet.
I really like it in stop and go traffic.
Got all my parts here. Pacific Customs Dune Buggy Parts, Sandrail Parts, VW Parts

Hey thanks guys done the research, one more question seems mounting brackets for slave cylinder are for type I or type II bus.Now what I have is a typeIII does it make a difference .Again guys thank you.

Hey thanks guys done the research, one more question seems mounting brackets for slave cylinder are for type I or type II bus.Now what I have is a typeIII does it make a difference .Again guys thank you.

Rick, Type 3 and type 1 VW trans are the same.
The clear poly brake lines from EMPI have been discontinued. I tried several times to find one. What I did for a flexible line for mine was to use a VW rear flex line and bought one long piece of hard line with the correct double flare fittings to fit it. I then cut that in two to the correct lengths (one very short for the slave) and re-flared with the correct ends for the slave and master cylinders.

Thanks Chromedome,this will be on my[ got to be done list before riding season].Riding season is almost here and just getting more and more anxious.I got this trike late in season and one of many favorite places to ride is Natchez Trace, just cannot wait.I went for a short ride on my bike and found it not to be as comfortable as I remember, dont think I want to ride both.Guys for a lot of years have owned ,and even worked on big trucks,riding bikes most my life,built a custom bike in 04,sold in 07,but know very little about a VW.So again thanks rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png