Near miss requiring change of underwear

I don't use my horn enough

Not the first time this has happened. I was leaving town and in the Number 1 lane on US 20. Moderate traffic with lots of cars entering and exiting nearby businesses... so I was on high alert. A young dude, 25 to 30ish, started crossing into my lane from my immediate right. I could see that he did a mirror check, but didn't even slightly turn his head to check his blind spot. And in reality, I was just ahead of his blind spot so I was right next to his window on the driver side. If he would have taken the slightest glance there's no way he could not have seen me. I must have hit every button trying to find the horn. At the same time I was applying brakes and slowed enough to fall behind him. He must have noticed cuz he made a quick correction to his right and shot forward by several car lengths. I never get twisted about that kind of stuff. We all make mistakes. Hopefully it was a wake up call for him and I'm confident he didn't leave thinking all motorcyclists are A$$ Holes. ;)

I guess I'll practice emergency horn procedures by honking at ravens and vultures on the highway.

I had an air horn on the wing trike and scared the $h!t out of many dazed drivers not paying attention.

I had one on my ‘82 Silverwing Interstate GL500... that was back in the 80’s when people paid a little more attention...and didn’t try to kill you for honking your horn to get their attention. It was LOUD.

True.. just like the Boy Scout motto says: Always be prepared.

There were a number of times I used that air horn usually in a parking lot situation. Although I was watching an errant driver and I was stopped or almost stopped I punched that horn and was justly rewarded with an urgent STOP by the other driver. Now-days I would have to be wearing a bullet proof body suit if I hit that horn.

This is crazy we had a SWIFT driver cut us off yesterday

I'm not sure what the thought process's were if any... we have been cut off push off a lane you name it. Defensive Driving is he order of the day no touch no foul. just sayin:victory: Travel safe Fred

P.S. even though I would like to at times strangle stupid driver's just sayin!:ranting:

One person's solution

I have to tell you about a novel solution that I heard a long time ago.

There was a drive time DJ (can't remember his name) in Chicago back in the early 90,s that came up with a novel solution. He suggested that every driver be armed with a toy suction cup dart gun with fluorescent pink darts. They would be allowed to shoot a dart at any other vehicle where the driver was doing something ignorant. That way when some jacka** ran up the right shoulder, passing everyone stuck in stop and go traffic, everyone could shoot a dart at them. He reasoned that this would relieve road rage symptoms in those following the rules. But the sheer genius of his plan was that the police could pull over anyone with 3 or more darts stuck to their vehicle and write them a Big Ticket that would be virtually indefensible in court.

Not perfect but the best solution I've heard.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png