Parking brake for the Roadsmith

I am thinking of getting the roadsmith and looking at the details it looks as if this trike only operates the parking brake on one wheel.

can one of you owners of this model confirm that. I need it to be on two wheels to pass the required standard for European and Uk roads.

If this is the case then it seems that only Motortrike , Eurowing and Lehmens work on both wheels.

I am thinking of getting the roadsmith and looking at the details it looks as if this trike only operates the parking brake on one wheel.

can one of you owners of this model confirm that. I need it to be on two wheels to pass the required standard for European and Uk roads.

If this is the case then it seems that only Motortrike , Eurowing and Lehmens work on both wheels.

I don't know why you couldn't request another parking brake on the left side too....

I all honesty, I never checked if the Hand/Parking brake works one or both wheels. I believe that it's just the right wheel, but I'll check later.

I usually leave my trike in 1st gear when parked and rarely use the hand brake, although I do set it from time to time at home just to make sure the cables doesn't rust or get bound in place.

Yap I got conformation from Roadsmith that it is indeed just one brake operation on the rear

Have ask them about have two but not received any reply so far. I suspect that tooling up for the second wheel may be too expensive.

I didn't realise that csc did the hand bake as well.

According to the Trike order worksheet, the park brake is available for either one or two calipers on the CSC Cobera XL kit. The price for the single caliper is $425.00 and for the dual caliper , it is $625.00. Not a bad price differential.....Ken

When I bought mine, u could order either side. So I guess if u get both, u have a handle on the left and right sides. One side has worked well for me. Sometimes I do have to put a lot of tension on brake if I park on a steep grade.

If the rear brake was only on the right rear, wouldn't it pull to the right when braking? I haven't noticed that. Guess I need to do a visual on mine.

If the rear brake was only on the right rear, wouldn't it pull to the right when braking? I haven't noticed that. Guess I need to do a visual on mine.

Bill,

They're only talking about the parking brake. I highly doubt anyone would, or could apply or try to set the parking brake while moving as to the location of the handle. But if that could be done, I'd imagine that you would have some pulling to the right.

I rarely use mine (parking brake) as I've gotten in the habit of leaving the trike in 1st gear when parked. But I do set the parking brake from time to time just to make sure the cable doesn't rust in place and get stuck as I'm sure many of us have experienced with our cars in the past, lol. ;)

Got it Rich, thanks. That make sense, guess I miss that. We're on the same page, I could easily get by without the hand brake. I've haven't used it yet. You raise a good point by jerking on it from time time to keep it operable.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png