triglide slip-on mufflers

Maybe I can sell some on the stock mufflers I have in storage now. Ted

You may have a gold mine with those stock pipes if the law changed nation wide?

It's hard to get the shipping cost if you sell them now.

Most after market pipes will sound good on the 103:D

I don't think they are that loud. They have a nice healthy low rumble sound, but once I am up to speed, I don't really hear them unless I blip the throttle. I didn't want too loud either, so was pleasantly surprised with these. I listened to the rush slip ons on you tube and wasn't real impressed. That is what I originally was going to do. If I am going to spend money on pipes, I want to be heard if I need to be.

YouTube - 2008 Harley Road King Sounds Off with Vance Hines Here is what I got.

I agree with Ironhorse; however, I was looking for something a little louder because I wanted the guy with his window rolled up and hearing aid turned down to hear me (safety issue)! Vance & Hines demoed a set there Oval Slip-ons on a 2 wheel Road Kink at the Laughlin River Run show and they sounded just like what I was looking for…loud but not ear piercing.

What I failed to take into consideration is that on the TG they are mounded under the trunk and sit closer to the ground which tends to muffle the sound and is quieter than on a 2-wheeler!

Something to consider when shopping for trike mufflers!

Stay Safe Out There!!!!

Jim

I agree with Ironhorse; however, I was looking for something a little louder because I wanted the guy with his window rolled up and hearing aid turned down to hear me (safety issue)! Vance & Hines demoed a set there Oval Slip-ons on a 2 wheel Road Kink at the Laughlin River Run show and they sounded just like what I was looking for…loud but not ear piercing.

What I failed to take into consideration is that on the TG they are mounded under the trunk and sit closer to the ground which tends to muffle the sound and is quieter than on a 2-wheeler!

Something to consider when shopping for trike mufflers!

Stay Safe Out There!!!!

Jim

"...I wanted the guy with his window rolled up and hearing aid turned down to hear me (safety issue)!"
When in a similar situation, I beep the horn (don't stand on it) and give the driver a friendly wave. I think it helps save my hearing as well as the cost of aftermarket pipes.

triglide is in the shop getting her mufflers the race tuner and air breather put on. i couldn't go with the rinehart they where to load for my ear
i'm going with suppertrapp
pick her up later today:)

it sounds like a harley:yes:
i got to put a few miles on the tri on the way home from the dealers and a
few mile today boy does it sound good and runs alot better no more all most stalling at the stop light . i guess the remaping did some good
race turner air breather and supertrapp mufflers
and yes i can be hard with there windows rolled up and there tune playing
but i'm louder:yay:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png