Victory trike finished

:Coffee::Coffee:........I hope it works out for you Bob,,,I know what it's like to realize it's safer for you and the misses if you add another wheel . In my case it was just to hard on my knees so I had two choices and chose to keep riding . Just give it a little time , learn to ride a little different and the rest will take care of itself .:LooksGreat::AllGood:

Click on View Photos By : rustic bob, only have four pictures, can't figure out how to post them on the forum. Will take more later . Just got back from a 500 mile trip, and 120 mile poker run at Emminence Missouri. The trike performed flawlessly. Curvey roads , but smooth, so the stiff steering didn't bother me too much. my wife was happy also. Just before we left I went down to the local welding shop and he bent a piece of metal for a belt guard, made a few small adjustments , painted and installed. Looks good , and works fine. Have put on about a thousand miles since the trike install, and am getting more comfortable with it each day, the worst thing is roads with lots of potholes, we have plenty of them here. Later:xzqxz:

Rustic Bob..

Thumbs Up on the look of your Victory Trike.

Question: Which Frankenstein base kit did you order as to match up the (Frankenstein) rear with your swing arm, because Frankenstein only sells Harley Trike-rear kits? Also, did you ever RAKE your 8-Ball trees? (I was unable to garner this info above). Thanks!

GoNoGo, sorry for the delay haven't been on here for a while. The Frankenstein kit I used was the 38" Softail Sport. Frank made the swingarm for my Victory. When I first called he said they were to busy to make anything but harley swing arms. I called back a couple of months later and offered to make a substantial down payment, then told him I did all work on my bike except for the motor. had to wait a couple more months for delivery. Picked it up at the factory since I only live about a hour away from them. With the design of the kit it will work on either left or right hand drive by simply turning it around 180 degrees. Did the work my self in about eight hours in my shop, read the installation manuel very carefully, its a harley manuel but worked fine for the vic. Could probably do another one in about half that time. the only problem I encountered was about an eighth of an inch side to side play in the swing arm, solved that by installing a 1/16th" fender washer on either side of the arm, everything else bolted up perfect.

Am very pleased with the trike, have not put on a rake kit yet, but am getting used to riding it. bought the Frankenstein kit because I did not like the looks of the other ones on the market, and they were the only ones who woukd make a swingarm for the vic. Still do not know if my machine shop owner is going to make a rake kit for me. Hate to cut loose with the kind of money every one wants for the kit when you can buy one for a harley or honda for half the price. Hope this answers your questions, if not please feel free to contact me again.

160 mile ride today in pouring rain, stayed mostly dry, about twenty bikes, two other trikes, had a good time, trike performed very well. live band tonight, it was a good day.:xzqxz:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png