Has anyone used a "Trip Trike" kit?

Jan 29, 2011
illinois
Found this kit on the internet; and was wondering if anyone else had read about them or possibly used one> The manufacturer is located in Alabama i believe.

They do not show a real good view of the unit or set up. Looks a lot like all the rest of the side wheel ( outriggers ) You can find a Voyager for fairly cheap $2,400. I caution you, if you buy any used , you should make sure that it is an exact fit. If it is not for you bike, the adapters could be $500 or more to make it fit. How much re they.

From their website, they have the top of the line kit which includes a "trunk" for $4000 plus, then you can get one without the trunk for some around $3000 or so and then they have what they call a "jr" kit which is just the basic outrigger for $1975 or so. All would be plus tax and freight unless you picked it up. They also offer free installation if you take your bike to them. Running boards are an Extra $450 on all models. They also show an installation video which I assume is intended to give you at least an idea of what is involved. It's kind of got my attention; but I'm hoping someone might have tried one or at least seen one so I could get an idea of how well they perform or how they're made.

Trip Trike

I bought and installed the "Trip Trike " kit on my Honda VTX 1300c - Fairly simple kit to assemble an install - Rides very well with the adjustable air ride system set at about 15# - Having owned a Harley Freewheeler I can honestly say the Trip Trike kit rides much better an smoother - Very little twitch in the handlebars unless you hit something major - Small pot holes / patches are nothing compared to how that Freewheeler road

Note : The basic Econo-Kit is ridged , only the top off the line "Trip Trike " has the independent air ride system

Every time I called these people , they always answered the phone in person an are some of the nicest folks Ive ever dealt with - They have been building these kits for over 10 years an I would buy from them again

i am not a fan of any out rigger style kit at all. after i built my 1st trike back in 79 which had a straight axle and no suspension. (i was a little younger then) i have no interest in building or even riding anything but a trike with independent suspension!

havent seen one or ridden one but of all the kits out there this kit with the independent air ride look like a pretty good setup

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 319
  • img006.jpg
    img006.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 105
Trip Trike

Hi, Dawn here from Trip Trike. We are going on 13 years now in business and we now offer Power Steering and Reverse that is all mechanical that goes faster than you ever wanted to go backwards! You can check out the videos on YouTube for more information. Thanks, have a blessed day, Dawn

Trip Trike kit on my 1300 VTX

This kit is a bolt on - Everything needed was included - Im very please with the stability an ride quality - Only draw back is it requires more effort to turn at slow speeds - Im running the out rigger air ride at 20 psi20211105_103533_resized.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png