trailering trike

I can't speak for all trikes, but the pipes my TG would be scrapping with just the front wheel lifted. Also, don't forget that with engine off, there is no oil circulating in primary or tranny. Even in neutral, I wouldn't want it all spinning.

I know that with a GL1800, the drive shaft has to be disconnected or there will be transmission damage from the lack of lubrication. Also need to make sure the tail is far enough off the ground since the front wheel is lifted.

thanks for all y'all's replies surely does give me something to think about. i did think of the mufflers scrapping but not the transmission.
I knew y'all would be very helpful!! :goodjob:

I have a VW trike and from what i have read when towing a trike .. You need for the carrier to swivel. if you don't it puts to much stress on the front end and causes it to twist ... unlike Bikes ,, Bikes lean and trikes don't ... I put one together and it has worked really good .. will get pics later this morning and post them here ... just my experience... twisted my front end just a little so take warning ... :)

I have a VW trike and from what i have read when towing a trike .. You need for the carrier to swivel. if you don't it puts to much stress on the front end and causes it to twist ... unlike Bikes ,, Bikes lean and trikes don't ... I put one together and it has worked really good .. will get pics later this morning and post them here ... just my experience... twisted my front end just a little so take warning ... :)

Here are some of the pics .. I used a Harbor Freight Motorcycle Wheel Chock
Revamped for a Ress Hitch

I purchased a "Cycle-Tow" last year so my wife could go with me to Rallies and on trips. She doesn't have the stamina to ride long distances yet. I towed to NC & back last year with no adverse effects!! My unit does swivel so you're not using the trike neck to turn. It's very handy for runs to the dealer for services, as I have a way to get back home (15 miles). It's probably not for everyone - but it works for me!! - Russ

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png