2002 Boom Lowrider trike

Have recently purchased above trike. It has two(2) wires adjacent to the gearstick lever that are disconnected from their respective terminals. I thought they might have been for the reverse light but the light works with them disconnected. I am wondering what their function is. When connected the trike starts but doesnt drive. The engine cuts out. Could it be some portion of an antitheft device???? Trike goes great but I am wondering why these wires are there and why they are disconnected??????!!!

Thanks in anticipation

Plumma

Downunder

Hello Plumma.....Now not sure but I would agree with the anti theft device,look for a place that houses a switch.By the way I think a Boom and Rawaco just.....ROCKS....

Plumma: I am no mechanic, I have a 2006 Low Rider. The two wires you have are near the gear shifter? If they are on the other side near the parking brake it could be a problem. On mine if you have the parking brake on, you can start in neutral, but not put it in gear. If you are in gear, and running and you pull even slightly on the parking brake, it acts like an instant kill switch. Just my 2 cents worth. Just ordered a part for mine from Germany, can't wait for it to get here so I can get back to riding it.

Have recently purchased above trike. It has two(2) wires adjacent to the gearstick lever that are disconnected from their respective terminals. I thought they might have been for the reverse light but the light works with them disconnected. I am wondering what their function is.

When connected the trike starts but doesnt drive. The engine cuts out. Could it be some portion of an antitheft device???? Trike goes great but I am wondering why these wires are there and why they are disconnected??????!!!

Thanks in anticipation

Plumma

Downunder

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png