What is the longest you have gone on 1 tank of gas?

Sep 24, 2010
Shawnee,Ks
On a ride with Tom and Barbara Loso and John Crigler last year on the Tail of the Dragon, we got 248 miles with .9 gallons left in the tank! We averaged about 35-45 miles an hour with a LOT of downhill freewheeling. I was amazed!pepper

HDRuss..that's funny right there! And Screwball...trust me, I was sweating bullets watching the guage and the light...uphills it would go out, downhills it would peg!

On a ride with Tom and Barbara Loso and John Crigler last year on the Tail of the Dragon, we got 248 miles with .9 gallons left in the tank! We averaged about 35-45 miles an hour with a LOT of downhill freewheeling. I was amazed!pepper

That whole Area is easy on the Gas Tank....nothing but Twisties and Low Speeds.....ThumbUp

Does anyone carry a one gallon gas container for emer. on a long trip ?.. or is it to unsafe to even think about ? :Shrug:.

I carry a Gal and a half container [fume/leak proof] in the trunk when i go up to my hunting club to do a little shooting, Just for the day. 180 miles round trip. So when i leave to go home it's usually late at night and most gas stations are closed then. So with the extra gas on board [haven't had to use it yet] i can ignore the low light and gas up the next day.

Does anyone carry a one gallon gas container for emer. on a long trip ?.. or is it to unsafe to even think about ? :Shrug:.

I carry a One gallon air tight container when I'm out on any long trip. I don't trust where I might decide to detour off to along the way.
Many on here are afraid of an accident, & I guess it can happen. Never seen one cause a problem as long as a few cautions are used. Along with the proper equipment.
I try to fuel up every 100mi or so, but there are a lot of places off the main highways to see. I always have octane booster also. I guess no one thinks that as being flammable ???

:Trike1:
Ride Safe !

I carry a Gal and a half container [fume/leak proof] in the trunk when i go up to my hunting club to do a little shooting,

Yea, I hear what you're sayin'. I take that half container (90 proof) too, but if I took the Gal along and left her home, my wife would probably playing the role of a grieving widow the next day.

I'm sure she would say she thought it was a burgler trying to break in.

Knowhutimean, Vern?
scared.gif

When I head West of the Mississippi river, I always carry a spare gallon. It has saved my ass a couple of times. I like pushing my luck. I pulled into one gas station in TX and the trike was sputtering as I went over the overpass. Less than fumes. As far as mileage, that depends on how fast I am going. 6 gallon tank. In OK last year doing 80mph for 100 miles in 22'F. Got 22mpg. On rare times behaving myself, maybe 38mpg.

My Valkyrie several years ago running around in the mountains in the deals gap area. I knew I had run around 100 miles up and down hills etc. that morning and saw a ton of pretty roads but hadn't hit a town for hours.
Usually the Valk would hit reserve at 130 miles and need gas about 160 miles or you were walking. I figured all that getting on the throttle and off it as you slow for corners etc. would really suck it down.
I pulled into a station @ 125 miles on the clock and pumped less than 2 gallons in it. I guess lower speeds and going downhill half the time really adds to your mileage.

Well it all depends on how good the gas is,some times the computer say's 220's and then I've had it say 124.Try to gas up when about 1/4 tank left if possible.You know you're in trouble when bike say's 26 miles and the GPS says next gas 30 miles away,only happened once in Dissmall Swamp ,NC @ dusk. Now that was an experience we will never forget !!! I guess that why they call them Idiot lights!! Ride safe !!!

I carry about .66 of a gallon in three little containers. Last year coming home from Sturgis fighting a headwind and rain, my light came on at a 120 miles showing I had a reserve of 20 miles and 25 miles to the next station. My buddy ran out two miles from the station in his 454 powered trike. Twenty two ounces got him about a mile and I only had one container. I made two trips to the station and back to get him there. I was glad I had the container as the station didn't have any containers at all. Mileage on my trike is all about wind, speed, and terrain. I have got 42 mpg on the trike going over the Beartooth mountains with a group of friends and me being last.

gas milage

I get 165 miles before the light comes on and 50 miles after that. Then I am empty. I drive usually 70 to 75 mph In the Canadian mountain's in Vernon B C I get this mileage with the temp about 75 degrees F. In Montana temp about 90 degrees F speed 70 mph I got 148 miles before the light goes on but don't know how far till empty I ride a 2015 freewheeler Bought it June 18, 2015 have 15,300 miles on it Oct 1st 2015

I get 165 miles before the light comes on and 50 miles after that. Then I am empty. I drive usually 70 to 75 mph In the Canadian mountain's in Vernon B C I get this mileage with the temp about 75 degrees F. In Montana temp about 90 degrees F speed 70 mph I got 148 miles before the light goes on but don't know how far till empty I ride a 2015 freewheeler Bought it June 18, 2015 have 15,300 miles on it Oct 1st 2015

Are you factoring in' Ca. Gallons [Imp] Vs US Gallons in your mileage figures. :Shrug:

I get between 33 and 37 depending on wind at 75 mph ... I carry a 2 gallon roto pak x tank in the trunk ... but we got lots of wide open spaces out here ... some places 150 miles between stations ... if one is closed you are in deep do ... :AGGHH: ... once got to the station and there was a power outage ... had to wait three hours till it came back ... since then I carry the tank.

I get between 33 and 37 depending on wind at 75 mph ... I carry a 2 gallon roto pak x tank in the trunk ... but we got lots of wide open spaces out here ... some places 150 miles between stations ... if one is closed you are in deep do ... :AGGHH: ... once got to the station and there was a power outage ... had to wait three hours till it came back ... since then I carry the tank.

Wow, Range anxiety on a gas bike... Imagine what it would be like on an electric bike.:gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png