Im READY

Nov 1, 2010
CALHAN COL.
:Shrug: OK gentelmen I am ready to make the move to a trike I have a 1800N HONDA to do this with but I am having troble desiding on a thike kit or a TRIGG out rigger setup the kit is 1000 lbs. and out rigger is only 200 more lbs. I am already 300+ lbs and dont want any more wieght than I have to but on yhe bike. What are your thoughts THANKS BIG DENNY :wave4:

Big Denny, the trike kit decision is going to be a "what you like and what you believe suits you the best." All of us have our own preference. Me?....Well I love the MotorTrike kit on my GoldWing, and this is my third one. My husband has MotorTrike on his Harley Ultra... BUT he had a Lehman conversion on the previous three Ultras. As for weight...my Tommy is also a 300++ guy and he has not had any problems. We have ridden our trikes to Alaska, (twice, once all the way to the Artic Circle), twice to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, and we've been to almost all of the lower 48 states. When we travel we look like two gypsies going down the highway. Besides his own weight, he usually has at least 50-75 pounds of luggage loaded on his trike. We have talked to a lot of "heavy weight" Trikers who ride other conversions and it seems the story is the same...they don't have any problems either. Again, I believe it will be what you think looks and feels good for you. If you have the chance, then you should test ride as many different conversions as possible. That's my two-cents...may not be the answers you were looking for, but I hope you have fun looking for what suits you best, Ride Safe!!

Denny we have a06 wing with the Motor Trike kit and we ride the trike double up all the time and have pulled a trailer with luggage on a couple of trips. The 1800 won't lack for any power. The total kit might weigh a 1000 lb but they remove a lot of weight to install the kit. I think the kit only adds about 300 to 350 lb, thats what we were told. Good luck with your decision and happy riding.

Big Denny, If you can afford the trike conversion then I would recommend that is the way to go. Nothing wrong with the outriggers but you will want the conversion anyway. So get it now if you can. Which one is your preference. All the majors are good. Motor Trike is in Texas not that bad to get to. They make a great conversion. Good luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png