American flag on a T/G

Oct 22, 2012
Marietta Ga.
I have been wanting to mount a small American flag and a POW flag on the back of my T/G, I don't have the chrome rack on the luggage comp.... it's like it came.
the flags I have looked at mount on the chrome rack.
is their an easy way to mount one or two small flags with out major surgery?
any one have any pic's of their flag mounts on their stock luggage compartment ?
Thanks for any comments or advice.

I have been wanting to mount a small American flag and a POW flag on the back of my T/G, I don't have the chrome rack on the luggage comp.... it's like it came.
any one have any pic's of their flag mounts on their stock luggage compartment ?

You can buy American/POW flags w/holders at the HD dealer.....they clip to the tour pak. You do know the American flag mounts on the right (throttle) side? Both flags are the same size.

By the way, when they fade (and they will),the dealer also has replacement flags for around $15.00.
money_bag_smiley_emoticon.gif

But, you have to ask them.

money_bags_smiley.gif

They'll never put them on display because most folks will just buy another set for $35.00 instead and they're not in business to SAVE you money!

I realize its a bit more money for HD, but you would be happy if you sprung for the luggage rack and then mount the flags to it. We use the heck out of our luggage rack. Happy, happy, happy.

For the smaller flags I put them on over the antennas. Punch a small hole at the bottom & top, & use a very small wire tie. Put one at the bottom over the spring flex area, & one on the top around the antenna. They never move if they are tight!

I didn't like the lip clip-on type mast. I have the H-D tour-pac light guard. One day a friend gave me a couple H-D flag holders for a sissybar back rest. That bracket fits like a glove on the verticle bars on the light guard and with 4 plastic zip ties makes for a very clean, almost custom look and I don't have to worry about scuffing up the tour-pac or deforming the lid gasket. ThumbUp

If anyone is interested, I can take some pictures and post them.

Had a buddy that fitted a 4"X6" flag over the top of his antenna and it eventually ripped the antenna off. Luckily, he was still under warranty.

[/SIZI had the ones that attach to the tour pac lip and with the plasic stick on that came with them they were fine.

Story of my life Izski. Something works for everybody else but not for me.E]

PC

For the smaller flags I put them on over the antennas. Punch a small hole at the bottom & top, & use a very small wire tie. Put one at the bottom over the spring flex area, & one on the top around the antenna. They never move if they are tight!

Excellent idea Slou......I will try your suggestion!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png