VTX 1800 Gas mileage

Dogman - I would guess that you should get 30-33 mpg. But no matter what you get always tell everyone you are getting 60 mpg.
Heck with my 1500 I'm getting 80 mpg!! LOL (really it is 32-34)

Last edited:
Yep, just checked mine again...............20-24mpg. A cruising range of about 80 miles before you "have to" fill-up. BUT, more torque than you can handle :D

Best MPG is one up on a flat straight road doing 45 to 50 steady speed. In town will loose you 3 to 5 MPH . Over 70 will loose you 3 to 5 Mpg over 80 as much as 10 MPG.

Hey smokin joe what kind of fairing is that? Looks great
HOW ABOUT THE SHORT WINDSHIELD I LOVE MY 21 INCH NEVER HAD A SHORT ONE

My Woodys fairing came with the 10" wind sheild and at speeds over 55-60 i get a lot of buffeting---ordered a 17" with recurve to see if that will quite things down a bit

Thanks JJ.........................
It's a Hoppe fairing.
Hoppe Industries - Fairings Accessories for Harley Davidson Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Triumph Cruiser Touring Motorcycles

Actually the Woodie fairing and Hoppe fairing were designed by Woodie (Glenn Woods)
motorcycle fairings for VTX, Valkyrie, Road King & Heritage Softail

My shield was taller and I cut it down 2" so I could look over it instead of through it. Get some wind from below but not to bad. Lowers will usually help but haven't found ones I like or that will mount with my set-up.

Thanks JJ.........................
It's a Hoppe fairing.
Hoppe Industries - Fairings Accessories for Harley Davidson Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Triumph Cruiser Touring Motorcycles

Actually the Woodie fairing and Hoppe fairing were designed by Woodie (Glenn Woods)
motorcycle fairings for VTX, Valkyrie, Road King & Heritage Softail

My shield was taller and I cut it down 2" so I could look over it instead of through it. Get some wind from below but not to bad. Lowers will usually help but haven't found ones I like or that will mount with my set-up.

how did you cut your windsheild back ?

how did you cut your windsheild back ?

Band saw. Taped everything and cut it. Then sanded the edge with fine grit sandpaper for that polished look. If you don't want to cut it, bring to a glass cutter.
Or you could just order a shorter one. This is the new one I have with the reverse flip. Helps with the bugs.
http://fastaire.com/Windshields.html
http://harleyshields.com/

I have one of these that I'm selling.
http://media.50below.com/customcata...tail/74827e7d-585a-4940-a134-289dc00cfe26.jpg

Reofl:
I am averaging around 25 mpg over the last two months (1,000 miles) Highway milage is some what better (27-28), but nothing like the 35-40 MPG I was getting as a two wheeler.

Last edited:
:woohoo: Shucks !!!!!!!!! I seen a posting on this forum again and was sure when i opened it you were going to be the one to explain what we had to do to get 50 mpg ????:Monster:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png