My, how stuff gets around!

Feb 18, 2008
Anderson, Missouri
My wife was having trouble getting on the trike due to some physical problems a few years ago, so we worked out a process for her to climb onto the rig that was easy for her.

Now TrikeTalk comes along and reksul asked about backrests and how to mount up without kicking the fenders: http://www.triketalk.com/forum/7340-post1.html

So I responded: http://www.triketalk.com/forum/7343-post3.html

Well a while later reksul broke the procedure down, and posted how to mount up on a trike. He also said- "I've been asked why I mount that way even by dealer salesmen. Now they are teaching the new owners of the Tri Glide this way. It's funny how a good suggestion goes a very long way" http://www.triketalk.com/forum/11217-post45.html

From that, John Luciano made a video and put it on youtube: http://www.triketalk.com/forum/11380-post49.html

Just last week at a Honda dealer in my area I watched as a sales guy taught a new rider how to get on the trike, as the new rider had a bum leg. After the instruction, I asked the sales guy where he learned that, and he said he saw a video of some old guy (sorry John!) showing how to get on a trike on the internet.

How stuff gets around!

Thanks I will have to check and see my views and comments.. Well looks like I helped 391 people so far...<LOL> autographs on request

Last edited:
Went to a trike dealer a few days ago. Watched one of the techs get on my POSE. He scraped his heel across my seat. Luckily I had a gel pad on it so no damage to the leather, just his ears after I screamed at him.

I showed him how we do it. BAM... saw him teach someone else about an hour later.:D

That's pretty cool.
We have been teaching people to get on their trikes like this for about 13 years now. Maybe Russel with 1 l should have done a video. Oh wait I'm sorry this was before utube or at least before I knew anything about it.

I have found if you sit on the passenger seat it is easier to get your right leg over, of course that is if there is no driver backrest.

Watched the video John, but seems quite awkward. Especially those people with weak arms/hands/wrists. Why not the old fashion way....just like you mount a horse? In this case a trike. Both hands on the bars, left foot on front floorboard, swing right leg over the backrest and sit down. To get off, repeat in reverse. Quite simple and that's how I do it. :cool:

That's pretty cool.
We have been teaching people to get on their trikes like this for about 13 years now. Maybe Russel with 1 l should have done a video. Oh wait I'm sorry this was before utube or at least before I knew anything about it.

I have found if you sit on the passenger seat it is easier to get your right leg over, of course that is if there is no driver backrest.

Yep, things that work are invented independently in different places and different times.
Humph - even that thought isn't new:
That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the
sun.
That was said about 950 BC - Ecclesiastes 1:9

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png