Whick trike kit?

Out trike ate the dust this past weekend and it MIGHT be a total loss. Meeting up with a wild 200++ lb hog at 65mps in the middle of the night does not bode well for machine, man nor beast.

Only having experience with the Lehman trike i dont know much about other kits not what the pros and cons are of each. Sad to say that Lehman has had $ problems and no real telling how or if their present situation will fare for them. But either way i am shopping around and dont really know about whats what with other brands of kits and am hopng that with the variety of riders out there you all can give me some good and bad reviews of what you know about your ride etc.

We are hping that our ride is not a loss but since the front end is totaled and the strearing head has a crack i need to get ahead of the curve on whats what otherwise out planned RR66 (cal-chicago-cal round trip) isnt going to happen.

any and all info and leads to for sale trikes will be greatly appreciated.

Out trike ate the dust this past weekend and it MIGHT be a total loss. Meeting up with a wild 200++ lb hog at 65mps in the middle of the night does not bode well for machine, man nor beast.

Only having experience with the Lehman trike i dont know much about other kits not what the pros and cons are of each. Sad to say that Lehman has had $ problems and no real telling how or if their present situation will fare for them. But either way i am shopping around and dont really know about whats what with other brands of kits and am hopng that with the variety of riders out there you all can give me some good and bad reviews of what you know about your ride etc.

We are hping that our ride is not a loss but since the front end is totaled and the strearing head has a crack i need to get ahead of the curve on whats what otherwise out planned RR66 (cal-chicago-cal round trip) isnt going to happen.

any and all info and leads to for sale trikes will be greatly appreciated.

There's much information available on this and other forums/sub-forums related to trikes. Some of it is good but it is up to you to separate the wheat from the chaff. Consider the responses you receive in the context that they represent opinions which may or may not be based in fact and may or may not be relevant. When all is said and done, it is up to you to select what is best for you.

All new trikes and all new trike kits are good but they are all different, especially under the skin.

Check forum 'classifieds', cycle trader, etc. for used units.

You are both correct as to weeding out misinformation. But the fact remains that although we all have out preferences as to whats great on our ride every kit is didd and there is no way in the world that " I can ride them all" as there just isnt that many trike places out here in this part of Texas. Hell- As it was i had to have my Lehman Trike shiopped from Florida as there were no trikes that were reasonable or even semi reasonable anywhere around San Antonio, Austin and Houston & Thats a bunch of area that i covered back when i first bought my trike...

I am looking for first hand rider info so that i can at least somewhat narrow down my search. & Yes no 2 kits are alike and the same goes for no 2 installers are going to be alike & who does the installing is going to play as much of a part (IF I WERE TO BUY NEW) as who the kit came from.

Hey there Deerwrangler...
Geez - I hope it was only the trike that go hurt in that deal - and not you.

Since you're looking for info - here's our experience. Probably won't help you much though when it comes to decision-making.
Hubby and I both have a 2008 Goldwing.
One is a Lehman Monarch II solid axle.
The other is a MotorTrike Adventure with independent suspension.
The Motortrike independent has what you might possibly call a tad softer ride than the Lehman - but it's not enough to make a BIG noticeable difference to either of us. We like both of them equally well. They both handle just great - we have the 4-1/2 degree rake kit on both.
I don't know what the difference in the ride might be for the passenger - since we are both drivers - never have had to sit back there. Others could chime in on that experience.

La Vernia isn't that far from Kerrville - next weekend (after Easter - April 4-6) the Texas Trike Reunion is going on at Kerrville. There will probably be several different kits to look at and ask questions about. If you want more info on that get-together it is posted in the Rides and Rallies on this forum. Also, I believe there is a trike rally going on in East Texas the same weekend but I don't have info on that one.

Good luck and sorry to hear your trike's hurt and hopefully you are ok.

We walked away from it with nothing but minor scrapes and bruises. It says a whole lot about the sturdieness of a Gl1800 trike. Would we have been on 2 wheels then there is no doubt that AT BEST we both would have ended up in the hospital...

Mine was a Lehman and we really liked it for all around preformance but there are trade off with it and any other trike out there.

Sad to say but the Trike rally in kerrville might not be in for us due to other commitments but thanks for the info on it.

Deerwrangler

Lehman trikes is now owned by Champion Investments ie the same Investment group that owns Champion Trikes. :Trike1:::10:

Ray Mitchell
Tijuana Border

Deerwrangler

Lehman trikes is now owned by Champion Investments ie the same Investment group that owns Champion Trikes. :Trike1:::10:

Ray Mitchell
Tijuana Border

So the actual owners is a group of people there are trying to make as much profit as possible.

A company there could have a new owner any day.

Is that what you are saying.

So the actual owners is a group of people there are trying to make as much profit as possible.

A company there could have a new owner any day.

Is that what you are saying.

I don't think that's Ed Zachery what he was saying. All 'for profit' businesses as well as most not-for-profit enterprises seek to make money. Were it not for teh profit motive, why would anyone invest in a business otherwise?

I am sure that if Champion felt that the Lehman was a bad deal then they surely would not have bought it..Lehman is a top of the line kit but finding a used lehman GL1800 trike is hard to do as they are pretty rare. Had we not had our wreck i would not even think about going with another brand of kit and would ride ours till the wheels fell off. But as it is i have to take into consideration all kits & who offers the biggest bang for the bucks. Pros and cons and personal opinions are what i am looking for when i asked for opinion. Some kits totally seperate the front and rear brake system & others keep them linked together. WHAT is any real diff is there? Same goes for the IRS and drive shaft positioning. I cant possibly see and ride each and everyone myself & thats why i posted about this topic.