New Indian Engine

That is a great looking motor! It's distinctive, a little retro, with a forward looking edge to it. It would look sweet in a trike!!

That is a great looking motor! It's distinctive, a little retro, with a forward looking edge to it. It would look sweet in a trike!!

Agreed..that would be an awesome motor for a trike! I would give it a few years of production though. Indian has had a history lacking in development of engineering as well as pedigree. The pre 2003 version was nothing more than a softail frame, S&S motor and deeply flared fenders....very harleyesque engineering. After 2003 they designed a proprietary motor which after extensive testing, proved to be a huge disappointment after production, most of their new motors ending up having to be rebuilt.

I am not bashing Indian, just pointing out some of the history that has affected their success.

I sold a 2000 Indian Cheif in 2010, to a collector in Australia, and have not missed it a bit. I kept it very stock, just in case I ever did sell it.

I could get excited about this new Indian if it proves to be all they say, and is competitive with HD pricing. With a limited production and dealer base, I doubt it will be priced right.

:Shrug:

My dad and uncle had a 1946? cheif hanging around when i was a teenager and had plenty of bikes around the old homstead to choose from and ride.

The old suicide shift was inconvient at the time. Now i would cherish it!

They sold it when i was about 18 and my cousin and i were into building choppers from just about anything i could get our hands on.

My dad and uncle were quite the wrench in their time.

I would also like to have his old 56 pan.

I wish i had known then what i know now and had claimed them as my own.

Thats the story of our lives isn't it?

Maybe polaris will get ir right where the S&S motor was a lemon as far as i witnessed them

I had a friend with a cheif and one with a scout,

I loved the way the cheif felt and it brought back old memories.

They had nothing but trouble with them.

The dealer was to far away to really be accessable. They both unloaded their Indians in favor of Harleys after the bikes were down more than they were ridden.

I know someone will correct me by saying they have one and love it, and you can consider me corrected if you wish, i'm just talking about what i seen.

I wonder that the price i seen on the indian site is more than i would spend on a Harley?

I guess im a bit sceptical and would wait a few years to see if they maintain production, but on the other hand victory is doing ok.

If it works out it would be a fine looking trike!

Ooooooo... I liked the "Bottlecap" indian mill, but that harkens back to the time when Indian was made by Indian, not just another company that bought the name. I hope the current company under the Indian name makes it. That engine is a work of art.

Agreed..that would be an awesome motor for a trike! I would give it a few years of production though. Indian has had a history lacking in development of engineering as well as pedigree. The pre 2003 version was nothing more than a softail frame, S&S motor and deeply flared fenders....very harleyesque engineering. After 2003 they designed a proprietary motor which after extensive testing, proved to be a huge disappointment after production, most of their new motors ending up having to be rebuilt.
I am not bashing Indian, just pointing out some of the history that has affected their success.
I sold a 2000 Indian Cheif in 2010, to a collector in Australia, and have not missed it a bit. I kept it very stock, just in case I ever did sell it.
I could get excited about this new Indian if it proves to be all they say, and is competitive with HD pricing. With a limited production and dealer base, I doubt it will be priced right.

No worries , it's all new by Polaris!

I AGREE LOVE THAT OLD SCHOOL LOOK ALWAYS HAVE,,,,, and as I get older it looks even better . ........CHROME DON'T GET YOU HOME..... sure looks good sitting there though!!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png