stallion radio

Oct 14, 2011
austin tx usa
I am really unhappy with the radio in my 2013 Stallion. With no antenna I can't receive AM and FM isn't much better. Even if it did receive clearly, I wouldn't be able to hear it while on the road (or in town either for that matter) with engine noise (which I like). My former GoldWing radio was excellent and I could pipe it into my headset with a simple adaptor cord. Is there a way to route the Stallion radio into my headset? Is there an antenna that would improve reception that is not visible from the outside?<br />
Gerald

Sierra Electronics sells a J & M setup which incorporates an intercom, CB, and allows you to connect most into audio source into it. It is made specifically for the Stallion.<br />
For the radio, I don't know that you will be successful in getting AM. For FM, mine is fine, but some have went in and straightened out the antenna wire.<br />
If you install some front speakers, you will be able to hear the radio fine. Here is a link to some economical ones. Hope this helps.<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/250-watt-Motorcycle-yacht-2-speakers-amp-radio-shark-audio-w-brkts-black-/261014171506?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc5a82f72&vxp=mtr" target="_blank">250 Watt Motorcycle Yacht 2 Speakers Amp Radio Shark Audio w BRKTS Black | eBay</a>

To rectify that problem on the wife's 2008 I purchased an aftermarket flexible antenna & installed it in the trunk on the metal brace between the trunk hinge and the fuel tank. No longer have to worry about the "special antenna" that TBMS installed at the factory - this setup will receive AM stations without worry.

go to Rocktheboat.com and they have AV aquatic 2" speakers(rear) that work great--I have them and 2(front) 3" poly plannar speakers and also a small poly plannar amp. Hooked the 4, 2/3" speakers to the radio and the larger ones to the amp. Sure sounds good now. They didn't have the AV speakers with I first bought the 3"ones. You can uncoil the radio cable on top on the radio and it will work better.<br />
<br />
tomg

I had my dealer install a power antenna at their recommendation and it helps immensely. I also took my stalion to a shop and had the speakers replaced and added an amp and all that made a huge difference too.

I was having trouble with radio reception on my new Stallion and took it in twice to find the problem. My service Mgr spoke to Richard at TMS and discovered that apparently some of the Stallions are wired so that the power antenna only powers up when the headlight switch is activated ! They rewired it so it comes on with the ignition. I get better reception and the speakers seem to be much louder.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png